Euro car park ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My wife recently registered the birth of our child in sale (nr manchester).

She parked and in the rush did not buy a ticket..no change either.

As she planned to go shopping after in the store she thought it would be fine.

She was delayed as our son needed feeding and by all accounts would not stop for at least half an hour.

On her return she noticed the attendant putting a ticket on her car.

The ticket states £50 but £30 if paid within 14 days.

With the birth etc we have only got round to looking into this today as the ticket was issued 20/02.

They have spelled sainsburys as SAINSBURY..so without the S at the end. Does this make it invalid?

Also should we appeal as she has a very good reason for being delayed.

In her anger she decided to not go shopping which someone told me would have invalidated the ticket as you can send your till receipt in

Where did she park?

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

It might be worth a try, but these private parking companies are not noted for their compassion and will probably reject any appeal. Far better to wait for them to write to whoever is the registered keeper demanding that the "fine" be paid by the RK and then write back and point out that any contract is with the driver, not the registered keeper. Don't forget to mention that the regsitered keeper is under no obligation to supply details of who was driving the vehicle at the time.

she parked ina standard bay. what about the fact that they have incorrectly written sainsbury and not sainsburys...surely sainsbury does not exist

Hi bluecityboy

When you park on private land ie; supermarket the driver enters into a contract, if the driver breaks the contract a penalty will be applied. This can be enforced in a County Court providing the other party to the contract can prove that the person to whom they are asking for the "fine" is the driver

How are they going to prove the registered keeper was driving the car at the time of the breach?

Write to them, tell them your wife was not the driver, and invite them to prove she was, in a Court of Law.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

The parking company or landowner are unable to enforce a "penalty" against you. The only way they could get money from you is if they can prove that you are the driver and take you to the County Court.

They can only win damages from you. The landowner or lessee have a contract with the parking company. I would guess that they do not charge a fee just let the car parking company run the car park and the "income" comes from drivers who pay.

As such the landlowner has suffered no financial loss and therefore there can be no claim for damages.

I would not pay a penny!! Just write back and say that you have recieved an invoice in the sum of £x and say on what basis do you feel that I have entered into any contract with either your company or the landlowner.

You've got to understand, blue, that Council/Police tickets are different to tickets issued by private parking companies for parking on private land. The private companies have no right to demand that the Registered Keeper divulge the driver of the car on the day the ticket was issued. Nor are they allowed to state that the Registered Keeper is liable for any 'fine' they issue. It is the driver of the car who (implicitly) enters into a contract and (implicitly) agrees to be bound by the terms of this contract - and if they can't prove who the driver was, then they really have no recourse, even for their actual losses, never mind any 'penalties'. Ignore it, and wait until (if) they write to you. Then as Howard says above, write back and ask them on what basis etc.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

On her return she noticed the attendant putting a ticket on her car. The ticket states £50 but £30 if paid within 14 days.

What does the sign say int he car park? Does it say you don't need a ticket if you are a customer?

The legal basis for issuing private parking tickets is very flimsy, especially since contractual penalties are unenforcable. The only way it could be enforcable is if they showed you had agreed to pay £50 as a straightforward fee in return for parking. Even in that highly unlikely circumstance the charge would be owed by the driver, not the owner/keeper.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 10 months later...

I followed the outline provided regarding the ticket and sent a letter threatening to bill them for my letters the next time they made contact. & months later and the silence from them is beautifully stunning :-) It works

cheers to everyone for their help

• 1 year later...

My car was parked in St George Retails park in Leicester at 10:35 AM and got a Euro Car parking ticket at 10:37 AM stating on the ticket that I left the Car Park. I wrote to the Euro Car Park appealing that I was in the Retail park and never left the car park.

Euro Car Park replied saying that "The instruction, from our client, is to issue a Parking Charge Notice to any vehicle if the occupants are seen leaving the car park and not going directly in the stores within the retail park."

Can you please advise me.

My car was parked in St George Retails park in Leicester at 10:35 AM and got a Euro Car parking ticket at 10:37 AM stating on the ticket that I left the Car Park. I wrote to the Euro Car Park appealing that I was in the Retail park and never left the car park.

Euro Car Park replied saying that "The instruction, from our client, is to issue a Parking Charge Notice to any vehicle if the occupants are seen leaving the car park and not going directly in the stores within the retail park."

Can you please advise me.

Feel free to ignore Euro Parks. What you have is an unenforceable invoice.

As you have found thier 'appeals' system is worthless. It is done 'in house' so you will always get rejected no matter how valid your reason is.

By taking the ignoring route the following will now happen-you will get another letter from Euro Parks then 2/3 off thier DCA which will be either Brinx/Control Account (or even both as recent posts have shown).

After this they will give up. Be prepared for some quite threatening letters though.

Have a look at this link to see how things operate

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/166615-euro-car-parks.html?highlight=euro+parks

Edited by DDWales
spelling

You should not have replied at all. As you can see, even using a perfectly reasonable "defence", they simply ignored you.

Leave it at that now and have no further communication with them at all. Ignore everything they send you no matter how threatening it is, because remember, that's all they have, threats.

• 5 months later...

I wouldn't pay out anything to these muppets. ECP operate in a number of Sainsbury's car parks. They don't do court and they will write to the RK. A few letters and they go away.

In your case I've seen the signage in Fosse Park and I know they'd a have a right b*gger of job convincing a court that a valid contract had been formed.

The same goes for their signs at other Sainsburys.

Ignoring the letters works well for most people, I suggest you do likewise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:-| Has anyone been taken to court by not paying a parking charge notice issued by ECP I got 1 from loughborough sainsburys for being there 45 mins over the 2 hour free parking didnt see any signs at the time but they were there with very small print not exactly noticable for any1 !!!! so got caught out, i very rarley go there was free last time. shall i just ignore it??? never happend to me before

Hi Everyone

I need some help with this as well.

I got a parking charge notice from Euro car parks recently. The only difference is that the place I parked is basically an area with loads of shops and town is 10mins walk from there. I parked there shopped in them shops for like 30mins and then I walked towards town to get something from town. The parking time limit was 3 hours therefore I came back in 2 hours (in total). What I didnt know was that someone would be watching me. I came back and I had this notice on my car.

It says: Left the car park on foot. Customer only car park.

I haven't seen a parking notice like this in my entire life in such a big car park where 2/3 of it was empty. It has given me a date to pay the fine if I do it by that date I have to pay £50 else it will be £70 normal charge.

What does everyone suggest I do? I've heared from some people saying that they can't do anything and I should just simply ignore this.

Still heard nothing and considering we were registering the birth of my son who is 3 in february I suggest that everyone else does the same. Just write back and advise that after the first letter you will start charging for your letters, keep copies and send registered. I said £75 per letter including the 1st so it makes their requests pale and they just go away...no other agencies involved at all

Hi Again

I've just heared from a friend recently that same thing happened to him. He had to pay this fine but he ignored all the letters and everything and then they took him to the court and he had to pay nearly £200.00 in total.

My cut-off date is 8th oct for paying £50.00. I'll rather pay 50 then paying 200 and going to courts and stuff.