Aldav45 Vs Bos........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Firstly can I say a big thank you to all on the forum. The advice contained here is excellent and I am now extremely confident about recouping my "charges" from Bos. I have completed step one (by going into the bank and asking for my statements. These were recieved within 6 days, without paying for them!!). I telephoned the bank on monday (yesterday) and the chap on the phone said that when you order statements from your own brach, a different process is involved and that was why it was faster.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone could give me the FULL address to send my preliminary approach for repayment. Some have suggested sending it to Leeds and some have suggested Edinburgh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

BOS :D.P.A/S.A.R - (In Branch) 28/02/07

PRELIM - 06/03/07 (std 8 wk reply recieved)

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 04/04/07

SETTLED - 17/05/07

CAPITAL ONE :DPA/S.A.R - 06/03/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 14/05/07

If I've been any help please click the scales and let me know.

Whilst only too happy to help in any way I can, any advice given by me is done in a completely lay capacity and has been gathered either from research on this forum or from personal experience. I am NOT a lawyer...... IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE...........

oops, sorry folks, found the addresses in another thread:rolleyes:. Any advice would still be much appreciated. Got my initial letter away to BOS and have also send request for list of charges to Capital One...I'll keep you posted on progress..

:D

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Whilst only too happy to help in any way I can, any advice given by me is done in a completely lay capacity and has been gathered either from research on this forum or from personal experience. I am NOT a lawyer...... IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE...........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, just a quick update from me.

I recieved a statement out of the blue today after sending my initial approach for payment last week. The ststement had £266 extra on it so I telephoned the bank and was told that this money was not in my account and had nothing to do with my ongoing claim however my letter had been recieved and they were looking into it. The guy on the phone was really helpful and said it would be "dealt with" within 14 days but if I hadn't heard anything in a week to phone back and i would be made an offer over the phone . He gave me the number of the deparment that deals with this sort of thing for bos so here it is incase any of you need it: 08457253519.

I will still be sticking to my timescales re: 2nd letter if I need to but it will be interesting to see what I'm "offered" lol.

I'll update you again in a week

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Took me 6 weeks in all,to get an offer,so you are well ahead if they do offer so quickly.I was claiming for £4732....they rang a week after recieving LBA and offered £2000,turned it down,2 mins later after bein on hold came back and offered full amount.SETTLED.:)...Stick it out and stick with your times,They know they have to pay and will..

Liasmum, sent it here:

Bank of Scotland plc

Customer Relations Dept

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

good luck :cool:

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

QUICK UPDATE:

Got the usual fob off letter on sat but will stick to timescales and send LBA this tue.

:)

(I'm going to phone on tuseday as well:D)

EDIT 20/03/07: Sent LBA today and also telephoned to advise bank that I was sticking to original timescales and would not be put off. Spoke to an extremely curt/cheeky representative who advised she would "update the file".

I'll keep you posted on any developments :)

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Hi aldav45 Im in the same boat as yourself but you are a few days ahead of me as I only recieved my "Fob off letter" today

good luck keep me updated to any developments and if I GET ANY NEWS I'll do the same

cheers

jd

Hi aldav45 Im in the same boat as yourself but you are a few days ahead of me as I only recieved my "Fob off letter" today

good luck keep me updated to any developments and if I GET ANY NEWS I'll do the same

cheers

jd

Good luck mate, will keep you posted as soon as there are any developments, from what I can gather by reading the posts on here, if we stick to our timescales we'll be quids in :):grin:

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Just a quick update.

Telephoned BOS customer services today (08458501368)) and was told by a representative that they had 8 weeks to respond/investigate. When I pointed out that this was an umbrella timescale for any complaints and that I had already given them ample time, the chap on the telephone started to get ratty and said that under no circumstances would they be able to respond within my timeframe as they needed to draft in staff from other areas. I informed him that this was not my problem and an organisation such as themselves could easily sort this out within the time I had allowed them he seemed to get shirtier. He said that "standard" internet letters did not give the bank enough time to investigate. I asked what was there to investigate as it had only taken me 10 mins to look through my statements and tally them up. He said that they would endeavour to sort things out as soon as possible and keep me updated every 4 weeks (standard FSA stuff). I told him I used to work in a customer services role (4yrs) for a financial institution ( AN INSURANCE COMPANY NOT A BANK) and was well versed in the FSA guidelines, to which he replied that he didn't care.I asked him if he was aware that I would be claiming for 8% annually from the date of service for each charge and also for court costs. (o.k I was fishing a bit haha) He said yes but that was only if I won and I probably wouldn't. I asked him if he wanted me to go ahead and file the claim and he said yes if you like. I then laughed and told him that it would be cheaper for them to settle now and I would be willing to drop the case for a full refund of all charges. He said no, go ahead and file the claim. What a rude little man:evil:

I've got his name and I'm sending a written complaint letter about his attitude (poor boy must have been dealing with these all day haha)

Sounds like BOS are now trying to double bluff people into dropping their claim by taking it right to the line but theres NO way I'm backing down.

Ha ha good for them because (thanks to help found here) I know that I've done everything properly and to be honest, I could do with the 8% extra :D:roll:

I also have all my court papers ready thanks to SCOTIA's excellent guide http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/6165-scottish-procedure.html and I telephoned the Sheriff Court today and spoke to a lovely girl who checked the paperwork for me over the phone. (one thing she did say was to put the HEAD OFFICE address in box 3 and in the statement of claim to put in your branch and the address when you say that "XX has a branch in XX therefore it is under the jurisdiction of this court" you should give your own branch address here also) and to file against the bank all you need is form 1 and 1b.

I was going to give BOS 14 days then 2 clear working days before I filed, but now I'm not. The 14 days runs out on Tuesday and I'm filing on Wed.:D

I'll keep you posted on any developments as usual:rolleyes:

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Thanks for including me in your reply aldav45, have you tried using the scottish spreadsheet in bank templates, I coudnt get it to work, Jowalshi said he/ she would help if I PM ed her to have a look but I got no reply, like yourself i'm preparing my LBA and could do with some help please see my other thread Me V BOS for uodates

Good luck keep you posted

JD

Thanks for including me in your reply aldav45, have you tried using the scottish spreadsheet in bank templates, I coudnt get it to work, Jowalshi said he/ she would help if I PM ed her to have a look but I got no reply, like yourself i'm preparing my LBA and could do with some help please see my other thread Me V BOS for uodates

Good luck keep you posted

JD

Haven't tried the spreadsheet yet mate. I'm sure jowalshi will get back to you or alternatively I'm sure one of the mods will help.

Cheers for keeping me updated:D

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Well done. I spoke to BOS yesterday to tell them that I had been granted default as they had ignored the court and would be going to get the forms for the baliffs today. The woman had a good moan and asked why I had gone straight to claiming after she had refused to refund the charges. Seems I should have told her that I disagreed with the refusal. What does she think the LBA is?.

Customer services supposed to be `phoning me, but nothing yet. I`m reading the leaflets about warrants of execution I picked up from the court this morning, and will submit them the next time I`m in town(Friday).

UPDATE:

Been to the court today and gave my papers to the clerk who was very, very helpful (and very very pretty:D). All I need to do now is to wait for the relevant sections to be sent back then go the the sheriffs officer and get him to serve the papers (because its a summary cause claim for 1300)

So it's back to the old waiting game again. BOS would've been better paying me the money when I gave them the chance :rolleyes:

As usual I'll keep you updated as events unfold.

Good luck to everyone in the same situation

EDIT: 13/04/07 recieved all papers back from the court. Been to see the sheriff officers today and they will serve the papers for me asap. Have a return date and a court date set for May.:D

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just a quick update again,

I've got a return date for nxt week and a court date for the week after, so I telephoned BOS today for an update. If they are going to defend I'll need to take the day off work and I need to book it in advance. A helpful girl went away to see if she could get an update for me and she came back and said that they were definately going to defend in court.

This has got me a little worried incase something is wrong with my claim (which I doubt very much).

Do you think this is just another timewasting ploy and its a case of them trying to stare me down again or do you think they will really defend....:confused::confused:

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

Cheers christinajanep, thanks for the moral support. That's what I thought. I wish I could prove they were deliberately stalling for time and I'd take them to court for that as well. The Scottish court papers say that if you intend to pay then you should do so "in good time before the return date":mad:

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

I can't believe whats happened. My return date was today and I happened to check my account and BOS have settled!!!! They've put the money into my account, every penny of it

:):):):):)

Capital One are next haha.

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!

Thats great.

Enjoy your spending...:D

Dont forget to do the survey.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Cheers JD, your settlement can't be too far off either so good luck and I hope it goes smoothly for you.

:)

and thanx for your good wishes sesidelady, I'm just going to do the syrvey now :)

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

SETTLED - 17/05/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)