Electric Lemon V Barclays - £5000!!!!

electric lemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your right to think they can't do it Yoga, but they can as they are above the law;)

I would start a thread in the DCA forum for better advice.

There may be something in the templates hun,

Good luck.

EL, you say you've won a case? well done! I can't find a thread tho!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right been on the phone to Paul in litigation at barclays and he said I will have a letter from them with full offer and interest he was doing my letter as we spoke and he was waiting for accounts to authorize the letter to be sent does this finally mean they are gonna pay up. He reckons I will get it by this weekend.

Barry

Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Phone them tomorrow EL - I win!!!!!! I WINNNNN!!!

Letter received by email today which I have read, re-read and triple read!! Couple of minor changes that need to be made but essentially full settlement including interest and court fees how:cool: is that??

WOn't beleive it till I have the cheque in my hand tho!!

GO FOR IT nothing to lose and everything to gain

Good Luck although i'm sure you're not going to need it :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

GO for it Electric Lemmon, u will be fine, no problems, just have all your facts and figures in front of you, remember your court costs and stay calm, remember it is your money.

Hopefully it will be in your account by the end of tomorrrrow

I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Caz

Hi Caz!

Have you seen yours banked yet??!!

Have you managed to get to any of your crisp little spondoolies??!!!:D

Hee Hee!!

By the way, Woolwich/Barclays have until midnight tonight to file their defence for my £5000 (£6800 with interest!). Ive checked on-line tonight & theres nothing - however Im suuuuure that they will file their defence in the next 48 hours.

The courts seem to allow the banks to be rather lapse on this. You can rest assured that if one of us 'little people' tried to file our defence even a second later than normal, we would get hammered!!!! Hmpf!!:(

Thanks also Tipsy for your kind thoughts! Are you claiming with Barclays??

i am indeed, they have until the 2nd of june to defend so i'm not expecting mine to be over any time soon lol

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Hi Leccy Lemon,

Dont forget, updated SOC's in front of you before you call...

If youre stuck on what to say, how about this as an example:

contact the Litigation Team, Go through Krysta, asking to speak to the person who is handling your claim,

Start with referring to your claim number..........................

and the court date ............................

at ......................................court

being heard by District Judge ……….......................

Go on to say……

I realise from your defence that you do not agree with my legal analysis that the charges levied to my account amount to penalty clauses and are deemed unfair. I do however recognise the fact that the sum at issue between us is relatively modest and as such, it is not cost effect for either party to take the matter to trial. Therefore in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated with pursuing the claim to trial I am willing to settle the claim upon repayment of the charges applied to my account, together with statutory interest and costs totalling £xxx.xx.

Only once in receipt of cleared funds will I then discontinue all action against Barclays in connection with this claim

[[this is taken from THEIR agreement letter]]

They are a very helpful and polite team.

Everyone that has followed this advice is very pleased they did.

One thing to remember b4 contacting them is to have your updated figures in front of you and settle only with what you are happy with,

If they do arguing the toss which isnt very often simply say thank you for your time I think I'll let the judge decide goodbye, hang up and they will contact you back.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hey Dar£n!!

Many thanks for your help - have just made the call!

A chap again checked the court date & said yes, of course we'd like to settle!!

They have said that as long as the figures tally up (!?) then the money will be in our account by next Tuesday!! We can have it by being put directly into our account that day or they will send a cheque.

Err, into the account please! That includes court fees, everything.

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!

Dont like to say...WE WON really as I still feel a little nervous in case the figures dont tally for some reason!!

Wow thats £3000 that we reeally need right now - PHEW!!

I guess it a is a situation of:

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Because they have said we will pay you back before going to court, & we will pay you back everything!!

Fantastic lot you all are - what a special, special bunch of supportive & just gorgeous friends. I LUVS YOU ALL!!!!:D

Love,

A rather Euphoric Leccy Lemoney today!!:D

Hi EL

Although I have never posted on your thread I have followed it with real interest and taken real inspiration from your journey.

I have just filed with mcol myself and am now at the cramming stage reading everything for court bundles and double checking everything to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'm having a real problem with the judgement button on mcol at the moment, I keep making sure I have read the instructions correctly, I know, I know it's crazy but then if I wasn't a little crazy I don't think I would have taken this on!!!:D

Well done you

Beamie:)

Hi EL,

Congratulations on your win. What was the name of the guy dealing with your claim? Dino is dealing with mine, I've got court date 31st July so I'm going to phone him again this week. Hopefully he will be in the office this time.

Well done

madhouse5:)

Very well done electric :) Don't canncel that court date until the money is in your account ready to spend lol :D

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

WELL DONE Congratulations, Electric Lemon

So its drinks on you on Tuesday then,

I won last week, and yesterday booked a holiday to florida, going on the 21st ( i say holiday very loosly as it is just me and 5 Kids!!!)

Hope you enjoy spending

Caz