First Direct Here We Come! - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written to FD requesting copies of my statements since inception of my sole account in 2002 and joint account in 2004. The statements were sent within 10 days. I totted up the excess overdraft and failed DD charges and wrote to Fd asking for a full refund. They have written back saying that under their T&C (leaflet enclosed), they did not agree with my request and said that if I wanted to take the matter further, I could write to someone higher within the bank or take further action with the FSA (in other words two fingers up to you mate!)

Can someone give me a bit of advice as to how to proceed now? :sad:

I have written to FD requesting copies of my statements since inception of my sole account in 2002 and joint account in 2004. The statements were sent within 10 days. I totted up the excess overdraft and failed DD charges and wrote to Fd asking for a full refund. They have written back saying that under their T&C (leaflet enclosed), they did not agree with my request and said that if I wanted to take the matter further, I could write to someone higher within the bank or take further action with the FSA (in other words two fingers up to you mate!)

Can someone give me a bit of advice as to how to proceed now? :sad:

Personally I think you should read the FAQ first, then see what other people claiming from First Direct did here in this area, and then come back; it will take you a few days to read around and get comfortable with the process. Did you give them a time limit in your letter asking for a refund? If not, then I would suggest that 21 days is a reasonable time to wait for them to think it through carefully... if you did then stick to the timetable you gave them, and send the next letter in the chain...

Thanks HSBCrusher - yes very exciting!!! Part of my excitement is that my hubby doesn't believe it'll happen - I can't wait to see his face! Will I threaten a shopping spree (after the C.A.G. donation of course!)?

FIRST DIRECT:

CLAIMING £2053.00 + court fee £120

Data Protection Act SENT 6/5/06

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

Half offer received and declined 3/7/06

Full offer and fees received 7/7/06

Credit rec'd in bank 12/07/06 Yippee!

BANK WITHDRAW BANKING FACILITIES!! 1/11/2006

Thanks HSBCrusher - yes very exciting!!! Part of my excitement is that my hubby doesn't believe it'll happen - I can't wait to see his face! Will I threaten a shopping spree (after the C.A.G. donation of course!)?

My hubby didn't believe it until I was able to show him the money in the account on online banking last night!! :-)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Yippeee yippeee got the full whack offer today!! Almost ready to run around the garden waving my underwear in the air!!

I'm totally thrilled and huge thanks go to everyone who has helped. Donation will be made as soon as the biggy goes in the bank. :-)

FIRST DIRECT:

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

Can you let us know where you live to see the underwear demo! :0)Congratuulations on your victory, hope mine goes as smoothly

[CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=sandybrown]Noli Illigitimi Carborundum[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]First Direct:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Data Protection Letter Sent - [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]8[/COLOR][COLOR=blue] July 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [SIZE=1]Reply received [COLOR=blue]- 12 July 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Statements received First Direct Owe me [/COLOR][COLOR=red]£175[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE] [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]HSBC[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Data Protection Letter Sent - [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]8 July 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Reply Received [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]- 14 July 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]Statements received HSBC owe me [COLOR=red]£1350!![/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=1]1st Request for repayment sent - [COLOR=blue]5 August 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT]

The dirty deed is over and done with! Credit in bank - hard to believe but it's true! Thanks for the lessons in questioning authority and good luck with everyone else on the case! Donation made x

FIRST DIRECT:

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

Me again!

Can't seem to find the answer to this ...........

What do I have to do on the moneyclaim website - is it a case of advising them that the bank have admitted. As far as I can see if I do that, they will send a request to my bank and my bank have already paid??? Also, did my bank admit? Their letter still maintains they are in the right although they agreed to refund the charges?

Any advice would be appreciated

FIRST DIRECT:

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

• 3 months later...

Well are they cracking down I wonder? We have today received the standard letter advising that they no longer wish to provide us with banking facilities! This come's after a couple of small disputed charges which FD refunded. They obviously have realised that they're not going to make any more money out of us! Any help or advice out there I wonder? Although I'm not greatly surprised, I do like FD in all other ways - looks like I've cut off my nose .... and receiving a nah nah ne nah na from FD. Is it worth protesting or do we just up and move? Thanks

FIRST DIRECT:

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

This is normal practice, they do shut accounts if you dare ask back anything else after the first claim.

Put in a data request for information regarding the account closure, I have. They are not playing ball, so I will be taking them to court to force them to do so.

This practice of closing accounts because of customers complaining is against the bankers code.

An automatic closure on the second claim cannot be down to "commercial reasons"!

Thanks for your advice HSB Crusher. Do you know of any difficulties when applying for an account elsewhere after your bank has actioned an account like this? Is that why you're pursuing the data request? Thanx

FIRST DIRECT:

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

FIRST DIRECT:

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks