Mick V Capital One

MickKane
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct doo. . . it is an opportunity to give the judge all of the details ahead of time. He or she would be able to allocate the case to the right track, and see if there are any special directions needed when it goes to court. It would be a good idea to add a directions letter to your AQ for the judge to consider.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Is this a directions letter to send with allocation questionaire:

In the XXXXXX County Court

Claim number XXXXXX

Between

XXXXXXXX - Claimant

and

XXXXX - Defendant

Draft Order for Directions

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

• a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

• b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

• c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

• d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

2. The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed;

• a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

• b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

• c) If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties), all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss, and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was;

• d) If such charge is not alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions then facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was fair and reasonable.

• e) Any witness statements.

• f) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order

Thanks UK - I will do this, would be appreciated if you could keep an eye out on my thread - I'm ok at the moment but feel I may need help a bit later, there is a link in this thread on post number 68.

Sorry mick for quick hi-jack, there certainly is alot to get your head round, have been reading and reading today :)

Great news Mick, am really pleased for you, no more worrying about any more forms. You will I am sure get the balance sent down by cheque. Now, who are you after next?

Hi Doo just checked my balance and its been cleared, whoo hooo, will they send me the other £800 pound by cheque, got to get off to work now so speak soon

Congratulations. . is this full and final settlement?..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks Doo, doing LloydsTSB now, yeah I think its a full and final settlement, they have cleared the card which was £689 and I rang them to ask when I would recieve the reminder of what they owed me which is about £800, said they had sent out a cheque yesterday and that I would get it in about 14 day, I take it I dont cancel the court action until I recieve the cheque.

It took exactly 21 days from there letter of acknowledgment to them clearing my card, which is what the you all thought it would take between 21-28. Thanks for all the help everyone and I will be donating and hanging around to help where I can.

Dont know what I would of done without this site but now I know what I do hopefully I will be able to give a bit help to people who were like me a couple of months ago.

Well done Mick. Keep the action with the court open until you receive your cheque. Glad it's nearly over.

Uk

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Yeah I will do UK, got a letter today confirming they will be sending me a cheque and that for me to contact the court so not to waste there time, what a cheek, will wait to receiving the cheque first though

ok recieved my cheque today so thats everything paid back, will wait till it has cleared and then send off the letter to the court stopping further action, thanks again everyone

Did your settelment include the money you paid to file your claim? IM almost at this stage and am just wondering.

Thanks

HBOS Student Visa - DPA sent 30/03/07

HBOS Student Current Account - DPA sent 30/03/07

HBOS Current Account - DPA sent 30/03/07

Capital One Mastercard - DPA sent 5/04/07

BRING IT ON!!!!