Mick V Capital One

MickKane
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deller, did you take your Cap One to MCOL/N1 stage or did they pay up before you got that far?

mickkane have you filed on MCOL now or have they still got time? We have 2 accounts with Cap One (now closed) they told me they were looking into my 'compliant' and told my wife they had refunded the difference between 20 and 12 qid to her credit card.. naturally ive written to refuse that partial payment and moved to LBA on on both, but now singularily rather than seperate accounts.. Makes me laugh, them crediting an account thats closed..

Some people have amended their spreadsheets to include new charges. If you do go to MCOL / N1 with the new amounts added, make sure you send an amended copy to Capital One..

uK

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks so im going to file my claim on mcol on wednesday, will i send a new list of charges to capital one before i do that.

I rang them today to ask whats happening and they said there is a letter on the way offering £392.

Will I have to send a letter of thanks I will accept this as part payment even if the letter arrives after the mcol claim has been made.

You should accept any offer as partial payment only.. and that you will pursue them for the rest. There are Rejection letters in the Bank Templates Library. There are some links below to guide you.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Ok im due to file on MCOL tomorrow and have rang capital one again to see whats happening as still have heard nothing.

They told me they sent out a letter on the 15th march with an offer of £392 but it has still not arrived. They say they will send out another but will take about 2 weeks.

What would you all do, go ahead and file the claim or wait, just I am not sure what to do if after I have filed for the full amount I recieve the offer, can I refuse for it to be credited after filing for what would be more than what they owe me if they pay me this partial amount.

Hope this makes sense.

Ok just this minute filed my claim on MCOL, felt quite nervous paying all that money, anyway should get it all back hopefully.

Might need some help as I go along from now though, how long does this all normally take after filing your claim.

Thanks everyone and good luck

Once they've acknowledged your claim, which you can check on the MCOL web site, they have 28 days from that date. I got paid on day 21 (But that was Nationwdie) so they were cutting it close.

Cap One may be different ive heard they pay up pretty quickly after MCOL has been filed and im in the line waiting to file MCOL for them. So your about a week ahead of me.

Until then there is nothing else you can do except for read threads in relation to the A & Q that sometimes get sent out. I never got an A & Q with the Nationwide because my claim wasnt complicated. I might get one with Capital One though because there are 'other matters' outstanding.:-D

Sit back now, and wait then spend it all and have fun ;)

With my claim against Cap One they did settle fairly quickly, I filed through MCOL and the money was recieved before the AQ's were returned so shouldn't be too long for you now me thinks.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi everyone, filed MCOL on wednesday and have today received a notice of issue from Northampton County Court saying the notice will be deemed served on the 3 April and the defendant has until the 17 April to reply.

I have also received the offer of £392 in writing from Capital One today so this offer is after I have filed my claim, its the usual stuff with a part to send back if I accept this offer and will accept the complaint as closed.

I will obviously not be accepting this offer but I have seen a lot of people writing that they will accept it as part payment.

As I have already filed my claim would it be ok to send the letter declining the payment and advising them that I have already submited my claim to MCOL.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you need to send a copy of your schedule to Northampton ****y Court, make sure your case number is with it and send a brief letter asking for it to be included with that case number as you filed online.. Hope that helps

Steve

Send a copy of your schedule to the court with this cover letter,

(YOUR ADDRESS)

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

Yes Mick thats correct.

Hiya

On my claim against cap one I didn't send a schedule of charges to the court just to capone, but it can't do any harm. They acknowledged the claim and said they would defend within a few days of service, but then sent a full settlement offer about a week prior to the defense needing to be submitted. IE within the 28 days. They don't seem to get as far as the AQ's, but you need to actually claim in court to get them to settle. Seems stupid cos its costing them loads in court fees, but perhaps they think it outweighs the people who drop out because they won't go to the court stage.

Good luck :)

ali

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Fingers crossed for you Mick!!!

Hi recieved my acknowledgment of service today, there are 3 boxes on the form

1 I intend to defend all of the claim X

2 I intend to defend part of the claim

3 I intend to contest jurisdiction

I take it by ticking box 1 that is there notice that they are defending.

What do I do now, it has an address for there legal department on it saying documents about this claim should be sent there.

Do I have to send anything there yet.

Also I have recieved again an offer of £392 from Cap 1 today, I take it I can just ignore this as I have already sent them a rejection letter having already filed the claim on MCOL before receiving the offer, thanks for the help