Mick V Capital One

MickKane
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I'm claiming against Capital One and requested my statements on the 18th of Feb, on the 21st of Feb I rang them to ask how long it would take to recieve statements and they said they had no record of me asking.

They said they would ask for them to be sent out again and say they were sent out on the 23rd of Feb.

How long have most people waited to receive there statements, I know its just over 2 weeks today that I originally applied for them and they can take upto 40 days I believe,

I am just getting so impatient waiting to see how much money I can claim back from them

Good luck everyone :-)

Mick

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Niklowe

Make sure that you do everything in writing and send recorded. They can take it right to the 40 days if they want and there is not much we can do I'm afraid. I must admit the waiting is tiresome, but put it to good purpose by reading and preparing for the next steps.

Just got my statements today, they owe me £1106 in charges so that equals £233.03 in interest, a total of £1339.03.

Sending the request of for a full refund straight away aand not accepting anything other than a full refund.

Whats the chance of getting all of it back with the rule about to be changed about an acceptable amount for charges, am I to late and will I have to accept the difference, or have I done it in time

Hi Mick

Even if the OFT recommend the charge to be £10, they are still unlawful charges, so it's business as usual for us to claim it all back.

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

There is a balance of about £630 on my card, They owe me just over £1300 will they just clear my balance and send me a cheque for the difference, or will they try to put the credit on my card.

I dont want this as I think they will try to charge me for withdrawing the money off the card.

There is a balance of about £630 on my card, They owe me just over £1300 will they just clear my balance and send me a cheque for the difference, or will they try to put the credit on my card.

I dont want this as I think they will try to charge me for withdrawing the money off the card.

Make sure you state that you want the difference paid to you by cheque

Just hate every DCA out there

I had a similar experience, I actually made sure my balance was zero so that they would have to refund me by means of a cheque. They still paid the funds into my account, which at first thought it would not be a problem, that was until I tried withdrawing it. I was told there was a 200 quid withdrawal limit and that I was unable to make further withdrawals until I had made a payment on my account. Now why should I have to make a payment when I owe them nothing. They owe me.

I requested that the outstanding balance was returned immediately and that the account was closed. They have transfered the funds to my bank by BAC's and this cleared yesterday.

• Haha 2

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

There was the small matter of the cash handling fee everytime I wished to make a withdrawal from a atm. They certainly do try it on and tbh don't think they'll ever learn.

The fee is now 3% of the total you are getting from the ATM... Handling fee. . we are now paying for the upkeep of their equipment as well..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just rang Capital One to check that my claim was being dealt with, they said they had no letter about me claiming charges back, I know they do as sent it recorded and they signed for it on the 7/3/07.

The women on the phone said well I can assure you we never received anything and can I ask you to make a payment as your account is overdrawn and you will be charged again.

Almost fell over laughing, can not wait to send the next letter now, do they really believe that I can not check to see if they have recieved my letter.

Hi just rang Capital One again, just to taunt them a bit really as they have been ringing me, the address I sent my letter to after getting all my statements and asking for them to be refunded was:

CAPITAL ONE SERVICES INC

TRENT HOUSE

STATION STREET

NOTTINGHAM

NG2 3HX

It has been signed for but they are saying I should of sent to to:

Executive Dept

ERC Dept

Capital One Bank

PO BOX 281

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

are they just being awkward saying they have not recieved it and are they trying to trick me into sending letters to a PO Box as I know MCOL do not accept these.

PS please just reassure me I have sent it to right address lol.

Good Luck everyone

Well I sent mine to the same place as you did and I got a result.

Thanks Deller, dont really care if I hear from them or not within the next week or so, just want to get to the next step.

Been reading that the next letter I send I should give them another 14 days to reply, but on the moneysavingexpert website that Martin says to just five them 7 days.

Does it really make any difference, the faster the better.

Well I've always followed the guidelines of this site and had 2 very good successes in doing so. It's totally up to you but if it were me I would use the 14 days as that is whats been tried and tested.

Well I've always followed the guidelines of this site and had 2 very good successes in doing so. It's totally up to you but if it were me I would use the 14 days as that is whats been tried and tested.

Listen to this man- he talk sense, and a lot of it.

Just hate every DCA out there

Hi everyone there 14 days are up tomorrow and have heard nothing, got my LBA all printed up and ready for posting tomorrow.

Been reading loads and loads on this site since I have started and its all very helpfull.

How many of you have been made an offer before your first 14 days are up.

You may get a mesley offer of the differnce between the charges you got and the new £12 limit, but obviously you refuse that.

Has anyone went all the way to the court stage without hearing anything at all after getting your statements.

I was thinking I would of had at least a letter from them by now saying they are dealing with it.

Also is this the right address for the LBA letter

CAPITAL ONE SERVICES INC

TRENT HOUSE

STATION STREET

NOTTINGHAM

NG2 3HX

and for using one MCOL, seeing lots of different addresses about now and starting to think I may of used wrong one.