Refinancing Packages & Claims for charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am currently in the 2nd phase of my claim, after realising i had paid £658 in charges between 9th April 2005 and 11th October 2006. Because of this, i ended up in a total mess with my account and have had my overdraft, credit card and existing bank loan (all with Lloyds) refinanced. I now have no credit card or overdraft facility and pay a 3rd of what was coming out of my account. Does anybody know if the fact i have a refinancing package (started in December 2006 and will be for nearly 12 years.....eeek!) will cause ne difficulties in claiming my default payments back? Are they likely to try and shut my account and ask for all the money i owe back? Heeeeeeelllpp!!

By refinancing package do you mean a loan? If part of thsi loan was made of charges then claim them back as well as the interest that you will pay on the charges see here for further info http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/11431-nat-west-3-claims.html

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Yes, i mean a loan. I had an OD of £1500. I first got into trouble with my account when i had the Carers Allowance i was recieving for my profoundly disabled daughter, stopped in April 2005, as i was studying for a degree. ( I now hve it back as i graduated last September!) I also had a credit card with £2500 on it plus i had a personal loan for £10,000, over 5 years, with another 3 years to go on it. The charges being accrued to my account left me with less and less money each month thus the bank was keeping me in that vicious cycle of debt that i couldn't get out of. I met with the branch manager for solutions and the best option was to have all my finances calculated to free me some money each month and rid of all the charges, by taking out a refinancing loan over 12 years, which ended up as a loan of £10,400.00 with 7.7% APR, meaning the total amount payable will be £15, 712.84. Aaarrgghhhhhh!!!!