style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if someone could help?

Im moving out of my property in the next few weeks and am worried that i might not get my bond back.

When i moved into the property i thought it was going through an agency but turned out that they were just finding a tenant for my landlord.

When i moved into the property i noted everything that seemed damaged and sent this to my landlord.

When we moved in there were several small marks on the carpets which i told my landlord and now we have caused a few more, nothing to noticable but they are there.

Beacuse the flat was unfirnished we didnt get an inventory

Does this mean that the landlord cant legally take any deductions from my bond because we didnt have a inventory? because thats what i have read on here a few times.

Has anyone got a sort of paragraph i could put in a letter to him, statng this law? i no im jumping the gun a bit but want to be prepaired incase he refuses to give me my money.

thanks

cityguy

No inventory = no way of proving the state of the property.

The inventory should be taken upon moving in and moving out. Should be as detailed as possible. Should have each page signed by all, be clearly dated, avoid generalistic descriptions.

If the landlord withholds deposit and you ask for an evidence of losses/damages, he should be able to demonstrate that your actions have caused damage/disrepair beyond reasonable wear & tear, by showing a comparison of a state of the property at the commencement and expiry of the tenancy. Without mutually signed inventory he cannot provide any evidence to support his case. Without this justification, he is not allowed to withhold the deposit.

This should not be read as a licence to go wild in a rented property if there happens to be no inventory though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brilliant, thanks.

LOL i wont use it as an excuse to go wild, im quite happy to pay for the cleaning of carpets, but at least i have the no inventory to fall back on if the landlord decides to be funny.

Cityguy