Tatws v Barclays

tatws
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, thanks for all the information on the site. There's a wealth of information on here and it's great to see.

I eventually managed to get copies of my statements back from Barclays (had to try 3 times before they came through). I've managed to track through both my accounts and it looks like these guy's have charged me nearly £5k :eek: over the last 6 years.

I'm in the process of compiling a letter to them asking for full reimbursement (I can here you all chuckling) but I have to start somewhere I suppose. Thankfully due to the help of everyone posting I've detailed the charges by the excel spreadsheet available on the templates link. But I'm unsure if I need to ...

1) Include interest @ 8% on my initial letter

2) Do I need to send them back my statements (alongside my letter and spreadsheet) If not then great, but could someone please let me know - I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Good Luck Everyone ..

1) Your initial letter of request should not contain interest of 8%. Interest of 8% will only be added when the case progresses to court, assuming they refuse to refund your money before then.

2) Do not send them your statements. They have their own copies already. However, do not forget to include a copy of your compiled spreadsheet with your first letter.

The spreadsheet calculation of 8% is meant for use in court if they refuse to settle before then.

Good luck

Hi tatws, what will happen is you will receive a letter from Barclays saying they are sorry you are unhappy and will look into it within xx amount of weeks.

A few days later you will receive an 'offer of goodwill' which will prob be about 1/3 of your claim.

then its up to you whether to pursue it or accept the offer

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, just receive my letter of 'Sorry that your unhappy.....' etc etc - So now it's a matter of a waiting game until I receive my initial offer from Barclays (I assume).

So can anyone confirm, that once this hits the doormat I compile my LBA letter ? Just want to make sure I get the correct sequence and I can get myself/paperwork prepared

Thanks in advance to anyone replies, much appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just got back my initial offer from Barclays, which is an insult to say the least. I assume I need to send off my LBA letter, does anyone have a 'template' for this and do I need to add the 8% interest at this stage ? From the posts I've read I need to give them 14 days then submit my court bundle - Is this the N1 form ?

Thanks All...

I think you are a little confused here.

You need to send a rejection letter for the offer, saying thanks ou but no thanks, or accepting it as part payment, template is in the library.

Then you need to send of the LBA, then give 14 days. You do not add the interest until you go to court, either by completing the N1 or going on line to MCOL and completing it online, at that stage you add the interest. There is an interest calculation spreadsheep on the Library. And you don't need to send the court bundle until you get told to by the court, just before your court date. And this is a long way off, so need to worry about this at the moment.

Good luck, if you get stuck send another note and I will send you the templates for all the letters you need.

caz

Caz,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the guidance - it' priceless honestly. I'd be grateful if you could let me have the templates, then I can get my 'no thanks' reply off.

What's the time frame between sending off the rejection and sending off your LBA ?

Thanks Again...

:)

Ok i will go and hunt them down and pop them on when i have got them for you, give me 10 min or so. I dont think there is a time frame just send it off as long as it has been 14 days since you sent of your prelim.

Be back in a mo

Caz

Thanks Daz, I was not sure how to paste them on here for him and was just investigating, and about to copy and paste. Trust you to beat me to it, LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I am trying, but am just not quick enough.

THanks again daz.

;)

Thanks both, nice to have support around you in times like this.

Will fill out my rejection offer today and post off ASAP.

Thanks,

Tats

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Back again ! Had no response from Barclays with regards to my rejection letter, they've had 14 days to reply. Do I now send my LBA ?

I'm a bit confused as how to contruct my LBA letter (want to get it right), Caz and co have gratefully given me some links, but I'm really not sure which one to use - help !

Thanks all...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Amend it with YOUR details.

Red - if you have a default notice issue as well - which has been caused by the charges. Otherwise to not include this part.

Blue - only include this if you intend to do it. Don't make empty threats

DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR SCHEDULE OF CHARGES WITH THIS LETTER

And send it recorded delivery

Thanks dar£n, many thanks. So I add the interest onto the full amount at this stage ?

Sorry to sound repetative, but I just want to make sure anything I send is correct and watertight.

Cheers

Sorry to sound repetative, but I just want to make sure anything I send is correct and watertight.

Dont worry, ask the same question over and over again until you understand it, cos if it goes to court and you are asked the question, you NEED to know the answer!

anyhoo youre in good hands now with Saintly_1 in your corner.

Hi All,

I'm hearing a lot in the press/tv etc that the court system have started throwing claims out of court. Not sure what the situation is right now. Anyone experienced this ?

Putting the jitters on me right now....:o :o