brad v barclaycard

Brad Smith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR sent 1st class recorded today...off we go

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

schoolboy error....

i sent my SAR off, took a copy of it with the cheque attached to it etc so that they have no "wriggling" room, but in my infinite wisdom forgot to sign the letter....does anybody know if that will give them an excuse to delay it?

Cheers

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

d'oh!!!

that's what I thought.

I'd imagine they'll have to send it back and I'll have to start again then

Brad v Halifax

• 3 weeks later...

panic over, i received my statements this morning from June 2004 with a letter saying the rest will follow in up to 6 weeks. I've got a couple going through, so don't mind waiting a while, but I'll give it a couple of weeks and chase them up for the remainder. I'm assuming these should still be here within the 40 days

Brad v Halifax

ok guys...just trawling through these statements and putting what I've got onto the computer, but there's a regular charge for B CARD FAP which seems to vary from month to month. Does anybody know what this could be?

Cheers

Brad v Halifax

• 4 weeks later...

Found out that FAP is actually Family Accident Plan. I phoned up to cancel it and they had no record of me, despite taking the money each month! Have to write to them, so drafted a quick letter, can somebody have a look at this and let me know if you think it's ok?

Dear sir / madam

I was checking my credit card statement recently and saw a regular charge for Barclaycard FAP each month. Thinking this was some kind of payment protection plan, I thought nothing more of this until I called Barclaycard to cancel this as it was no longer required.

I was informed by Barclaycard that this was actually a Family Accident Plan and to cancel it I’d need to telephone the number that was shown on the statement. I called this number yesterday (20th April) and spoke to a girl called Leah on extension 4241.

Unfortunately, despite answering numerous security questions, she was unable to find any details for me and suggested that I write to you.

Being a single man, I’m not sure that I’d require a Family Accident Plan, so please can you advise me when the policy was taken out and how I can go about cancelling it.

Yours faithfully

Brad

Brad v Halifax

• 1 month later...

ok...about to start with my preliminary letter to Barclaycard, am going for CCI at their purchase rate (29.9% eeek), which takes the total claimed from £801 to £2,345....

Brad v Halifax

• 4 weeks later...

prelim sent today...

Brad v Halifax

Wooooohooooo....about time lol!

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

now who's the stalker?

i know...was gonna send it last week, but wanted to add this months statement interest etc onto the spreadsheet

Brad v Halifax

now who's the stalker?

i know...was gonna send it last week, but wanted to add this months statement interest etc onto the spreadsheet

... and here's your other stalker Brad (sinister chuckle). You're taking your time as usual :p Best of British ...

P xoxox

two stalkers??? both women???

all of a sudden life isn't quite so bad at all

Brad v Halifax

LMAO @ Brad....I wondered why you kept delaying everything....you just wanted all the girlies to show their dominant sides lol

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

ha ha....method to the madness eh?

I know...I'm sick and wrong....you're not the first to say it and no doubt won't be the last

Brad v Halifax

• 2 weeks later...

received letter telling me they've paid the difference between the charges and the £12 they're "allowed" to charge and refund will show on my next statement. LBA going off tomorrow, can combine the rejection letter with it.

see sonja...i'm being good now

Brad v Halifax

Lol Brad....we shall see if you are good....it will depend on whether you do actually send the letter TOMORROW! lol

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

LBA went off yesterday *whistles*

couldn't post it Friday because of the post strike and didn't really have a chance to get out till Wednesday and the post office was shut in the afternoon...grrrrr so sent yesterday

still, at least it's gone eh?

don't shout at me!!!!

Brad v Halifax

Excuses! Excuses! lmao!

Were you under lock and key? lol

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

feels like it sometimes....

Brad v Halifax

I see the Ladies have found you Brad. . you can run but you can't hide.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

i know....must be because I wear Lynx

Brad v Halifax

Had to come and join in the fun, good to see the girls are keeping an eye on you Brad. There is no hiding now - Sonja and Paintball will keep you firmly in hand and on timescale (I think - but knowing you that may be difficult) :D

Hi Doo....yeah...they're looking after me...good girls aint they?

someone needs to give me a metaphorical kick up the ass to keep me going

Brad v Halifax