exchange of item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

check this out for me folks,

i reported the speakers for my pc being faulty approx three weeks ago. the company involved are sending us new speakers, but am i right i have to give them 28 days to deliver them. just checking because one of the reasons we purchased this package was the speakers were an added extra, and the things only two months old.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

it's ok people, i've just been in the chat room and spoke to someone, who thought the same. i'll give them a call tomorrow and hurry em up a bit.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Chucking in my 2p anyway!

They would have to put this right "within a reasonable time" and "without causing the consumer significant inconvenience", however this is not defined in law. Judges would normally determine what is reasonable based on the necessity of a product - if a fridge went wrong, say, it would be more urgent to get that repaired than if a games console went wrong as it would cause the consumer more inconvenience.

That doesn't mean they can delay indefinitely on items that are not necessaries, but a judge would be more likely to give the company more leeway in cases that may cause less of an inconvenience to the consumer.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

thanks Rosie.

i guessed as much.

i know its not life and death, but when you buy an item you dont expect parts of it or add ons to start going wrong after a matter of a few weeks. i can live without them to be honest, but the children..........

they MSN their friends, download music etc, you know the story.

never mind, we'll get 'em when we get 'em i suppose.

Baz

have a nice day !!

ok folks, story to date....

still no speakers, and the mouse is also starting to play up.

because this pc package has been purchased from my catalogue, i have contacted them by e-mail and instructed them to either contact the supplier and arrange immediate delivery of new speakers and mouse, OR, arrange a suitable discount off the price as i am not paying in full for something that is incomplete.

obviously i do not wish to send the whole thing back as we have tons of stuff saved on it.

and to cap it all, i also pay for an extended guarantee, so all in all, i think i'm entitled to complain.

any thoughts ?

have a nice day !!

See what they offer. The faulty mouse could be cause by many things - from clashing drivers to fluff on the lens/ball of the device itself. Have you tried spare mouse/speakers to ensure the problem actually lies with them?

cheers buzby,

yeah i have cleaned the mouse, and it does seem to have sorted it, but occasionally whichever direction you go, the mouse pointer stays where it is.

the speakers in question have a small light on the one which illuminates when they are on. the light does not now come on, and i have changed fuse etc.

as a temporary measure

i have connected the cable provided, from tower to a connection on the screen and do now get sound through the screen, but it's not up to the level and quality of the speakers, but it's better than nothing.

have a nice day !!

Mice are fickle things, and choosy on what they work best with (mousemats are a must for some!). If your speakers a powered - causing the light to come on - the power adaptor may be faulty.... does it buzz or warm up if plugged in? If not, the power adaptor may have gone faulty, and as the screen speakers work, there's nothing wrong with the sound card - si it looks as though the only real problem ids getting a replacement power plug to drive the speakers!

hi buzby,

if by a power adaptor you are referring to the one thats fitted instead of a normal 13 amp plug, then there isnt one. they are fitted with a 13 amp plug.

theres no buzzing, just absolutely nothing at all.

have a nice day !!

theres definately a fault somewhere but yeah, they are mains powered. they did work great for the first couple of weeks and then nothing. i'll post more when i know more.

have a nice day !!

I've 6 pairs of speakers, all powered by a 6, 9 or 12v ac/dc source. When you consider the power taken by these devices, there is little or no requirement for the amperage a mains connection would provide - so it makes me wonder why!

because its cheap and most people dont want to be in the middle of playing their music/game and the battery pack etc dying a death.

What we really need is the oft mentioned universal power supply where all your devices would plug directly in and negotiate their requirements directly so you would only have one mains plug and one transformer (admitedly with several different coils + outputs) in a similar fashion to a UPS.

Not to mention of course that a lot of computers now ship with 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 or even 7.1 speakers the subs are often rated at over 200W PMPO so they obviously do need mains power.

I agree the traditional table top speakers that waft music out at in a kind of agreeable volume if you are sitting just in front of the machine dont really need 240v mains but like I mentioned earlier its cheap, include the transformer inside the speakers it makes them feel weighty which some equate to quality, makes them less likely to be knocked over and the crucial point when the internal PSU fails you have to buy a new set of speakers (genius that one) instead of a new universal PSU from Argos.

success,

i have today received the speakers!!!!!

plugged em in and they are working fine.

thanks to everyone who posted comments on here about this.

got to come off now because the kids want to listen to some music.

by the way these ones are mains powered too. "genius sp-qo6s" 120 watts, power source ac type transformer.

have a nice day !!

I believe the 28 days rule only applies to mail order - it would be interesting to find out if internet shopping is now classed as mail order??

The Distance Selling Regs give companies 30 days to deliver goods in any contract which does not involve face to face contact.

However this is the initial delivery.

Repairs just have to be done "within a reasonable time" under the Sale of Goods Act. This is not defined for any business.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.