Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going back to Janets bank charges thread, that's the end result that i'm going for on this, but rather than the MCOL stage i'll be using TS, CAG, common sense, and the FSA.

I know where you are coming from Dave. I have drafted out letters threatening the above to both the DCA and the original creditor who sold the account to them.... but it is the fact that the DCA may have a Deed of Assignment that puts me off posting them and then going to court with it.

I cannot afford to be landed with a bill for costs if they can produce this doc. in court and prove the existence of the debt. For now, non-compliance with my CCA request (January) is enough... although that fact that I paid the DCA before discovering the CAG does still get to me from time to time. :mad:

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually... I have no idea !... lol....

Sorry you've got the lurgy, by the way.... :( .... I think I am coming down with it as well....

Looking forward to your idea! Must go to bed now though! Alchohol+Lurgy=Time to go to bed!!!

Groan :(

Actually... I have no idea !... lol.... I'm not prepared to give them any more of my money though....

Sorry you've got the lurgy, by the way.... :( .... I think I am coming down with it as well....

Still waiting for your idea P1:D

(Got the full blown lurgi!) :(

Regards, Dave.

Still waiting for your idea P1:D

(Got the full blown lurgi!) :(

Regards, Dave.

You mis-read my comment Dave.... I have NO idea !! :D Maybe it's because we've both got the lurgi.... I was off work today.

Are you hoping for a brainstorm about taking them to court ? I suppose the decision hinges on what you would be prepared to lose in costs if they had the D of A. Do they go on for days, these cases ? Would you be prepared to gamble on it being over and done with in one hearing ?

Maybe it's because we've both got the lurgi.... I was off work today.

Me as well... :mad: Prob's all week... Full blown Flu :roll:

Have been hitting the Vodka & hot Vimto tonight :p

I'm happy but poorly at the same time! Not in the right frame of mind for sending letters! :mad:

Me as well... :mad: Prob's all week... Full blown Flu :roll:

Have been hitting the Vodka & hot Vimto tonight :p

I'm happy but poorly at the same time! Not in the right frame of mind for sending letters! :mad:

Me thinks Dave has 'Man-Flu' :D:D

Just hate every DCA out there

lol @ man flu -

now you mention i may be coming down with something

i think its the "lets kick the bums of DCA's"

watch out, its very infectious!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Didn't really wanna post on here - in case I caught the lurgy, but as I'm a woman ...... i'll be fine lol!

I doubt RW&Co will have anyone's docs to fulfil a CCA. They can barely write letters (do you reckon they have spell checkers?) Cos they ain't got brains ...... Anyway I'm sure you all know about their appalling writing skills.

I posted a thread earlier about them - Robinson Way Default removal. Had a letter this morning saying basically they will remove my default (although the debt was all but paid - but that shouldn't matter - no CCA docs - no debt). And now I remember who it was that said keep chipping away ...... well it works!! For anyone in the same position, just keep at it with them - you know you are right - Thanks to this site - We all know our rights!!

Good Luck All Ajjars

I was about to say bravo, but I see that I should be saying brava...;)

(wiki it!)

And as far as "man Flu" is concerned... (lol!) Top of the hill day today, methinks! :D Tommorow, going back to being as mad as a box of frogs!!!

Dave!

Hmmmm Brava (volcanic Island and breast enhancing system ...... ) not sure what you meant - but hey!!

Maybe you were as mad as a box of frogs yesterday?? LOL

Don't know which Wiki U have used... But... Brava is the feminine of Bravo!

Bravo is for a boy, brava is for a girl!

bravo - Wiktionary

(See: Interjection)

This is silly! I'm still as mad as a box of frogs! And we're still waiting for RW&C to provide an acceptable agreement aren't we?!!!

Night for now... Dave.

Didn't really wanna post on here - in case I caught the lurgy, but as I'm a woman ...... i'll be fine lol!

I doubt RW&Co will have anyone's docs to fulfil a CCA. They can barely write letters (do you reckon they have spell checkers?) Cos they ain't got brains ...... Anyway I'm sure you all know about their appalling writing skills.

I posted a thread earlier about them - Robinson Way Default removal. Had a letter this morning saying basically they will remove my default (although the debt was all but paid - but that shouldn't matter - no CCA docs - no debt). And now I remember who it was that said keep chipping away ...... well it works!! For anyone in the same position, just keep at it with them - you know you are right - Thanks to this site - We all know our rights!!

Good Luck All Ajjars

Hey everyone...!!! Let's go back to perspective...! And thank ajjars for the post! That's very valuable information!

Thanks ajjars for your post!

Will post back when RW&C send more!!!

Regards, Dave.

Nothing happening as yet (which is good!), defaulted on CCA request on 23/03/2007, will commit offence on 24/04/07 (calendar month applies!).

However, have written to building society today cancelling their payment...

I also might add that I got an email response from RW&C stating that my request to be a doorstep collector will be dealt with by manner of formal written communication and not by email or telephone!! Doesn't add up does it!!

Letter below... (here goes!)

Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Ashton Under Lyne,

Lancashire,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

xxth April 2007

Re: Account number xxxxxxxx

Security (d.o.b.): xx/xx/xxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would be grateful if you would cancel with immediate effect the standing order

for xxxx pounds payable on the xxx/month to Robinson, Way & Company, with

reference: xxxxxxxx. They are currently in default regarding a Consumer Credit

Act 1974 Agreement Request. I fully expect them to commit a criminal offence on

xxxx April 2007, under Chapter 39, Section 78,(6)(a)&(b) of the Consumer Credit Act

1974 by virtue of not supplying an acceptable copy of the original agreement,

under Section 189 of said Act they are responsible to act upon this request if they

were/are the original creditor or not.

Should you need to contact me for security reasons, the telephone number that

is listed on my account is xxxxxxxxxxxxx, however during office hours I can only

be contacted personally on my mobile number, xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I would be most grateful if you would acknowledge this letter and confirm

that the action requested has been carried out.

I thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Yours Faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That brings us upto date! 8-)

Regards, Dave.

The offer had to be accepted before the 21st April

3 days ago i received a letter demanding the full amount now

what is going on ?

They just haven't got a clue what they're doing!

I'm going for one of two outcomes on this thread.....

1) They can prove that the debt is completely legally enforceable and i'll pay it off at the best possible reduction that I can get out of them, all in writing of course!

2) They can't prove that the debt is completely legally enforceable and i'll be going for complete write off in writing with all legal threats that I have open to me for reporting them to all the statutory institutions...

(My CCA request is currently in default)

Robinson, Way & Company, don't forget, is part of London Scottish Bank! One of our oldest financial institutions (Est: Circa 1890's), and this is the best that they can do! The average age of their call centre staff is 22 y.o.a. !

On another note... Just to finish for tonight, i've been thinking of setting up a basic website (completely free of course) for a while. Template letters, FAQ's & answers. Links to Acts (.gov of course!), Links to CAG naturally! What do you all think??

Regards, Dave.

Hello diskmandave, i too have had dealings with this DCA sent CCA letter off to the HQ in Manchester,no reponse for ages but other day got a "what have we done wrong letter" gave me a laugh,cheeky blighters had the audacity to cash my £1 and i didnt get my agreement (not yet but defo gone over 12 days ) heading into calendar month territory now :)

I reckon all our cases are based on the 1974 CCA which is there for all to peruse in glorious black and white so why dont the DCA`s know our consumer rights if you had a business which depended on keeping the correct paperwork in order wouldnt it seem the right thing to keep a record just in case of a dispute to preserve your right to the moneys due.

Also it seems strange to ask for something which to win you dont actually want them to give you depending on time spans,just my own observations on this site since i joined :)

Regards S

PS as for setting up your own site is this to spread the word of defiance and to help people who are being bullied fight back, then go ahead.

S

Go for it Dave, I'll be one of the first to check in with you cos you're stuff is always to informative, plus the laughs make it all seem less intimidating.

:)

Yes you do Dave you make fools out of Bullies