Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

They will continue sending the various template letters; RW computer churns them out once a month...

However, they should cease from telephoning you if you have requested; communicate only in writing.

RW computer generated letters do however, provide a source of amusement!

They will continue sending the various template letters; RW computer churns them out once a month...

However, they should cease from telephoning you if you have requested; communicate only in writing.

...Are an essential accessory for lighting the BBQ :lol:

I haven't communicated with them for ages. I think they've finally realised that they can't get me by phone now as I've had to change my number (mainly because of them harassing me, even after they said they deleted the number, passed the number to another DCA, then got it all back from that DCA, and started ringing again).

Yeah, the letters are pretty standard, same ones time and again, same pattern.

Thanks,

A.

Hi - this is a great thread but havent digested it properly yet !

I'm trying to help my nephew out with Robinson Way chasing him for an old debt with Morgan Stanley - we've done a SAR but theyve only sent printouts - no agreement, no actual documents at al,l so I cant see what the starting sum is, what interest rates apply, what charges might be applied and they are still ringing him at home and at work daily - he is getting stressed out about it as he's been paying this thing for years and years and they want him to increase his S.O.

Ive told him not to talk on the phone and written re harrassment to them, however, they have rung him and stated that he could get a CCJ, a Charging Order on his home which he isnt on the deeds for anyway, or sequestration of wages - yet - I have no evidence that he stills owe money after paying this thing for so long - they seem to ignore everything we do so, in short, are we right to suspend payment until they provide the information required?? or evidence of debt ownership at least? many thanks

Send a reminder re: the SAR, requesting all the missing data.

Allow them sufficient time to fulfill their obligation under the DPA; a further 28 days.

If they fail to comply, register a complaint with the ICO and; tell them you have logged a formal complaint!

Don't make empty threats though, make your formal complaint to the ICO.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys.

I spent a yr dealing with Robinson way with letters going back and forth with a lady called Sue williams claiming she had recordings of admition to owing a debt. They are not worth worring about. I went all the way with these guys and with the help of the Financial Ombudsman who ruled in my favour i got compensation from Robinson Way and a default removed from the credit file.

Its worth going all the way with any DCA. Send copies of every letter to the OFT and the Financial Ombudsman to help them build up a case agaisnt these plonkers. In the last year 5 Debt Agency's have backed down and closed the accounts.

Hopefully my success's will give hope to others.

Happyphil

• 2 months later...

Not a cheeky vimto but a lovely whiskey straight please. No ice or anything.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

This becomes Statute Barred this year!

Where HAS 6 years gone ?!

RW.....

I got so bored when my debts became dead that I've just got myself another small debt with O2 so I can continue baiting......currently in 'ignore mode' at the minute.....:sleep:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

:thumb:

Good stuff Dave.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

But you have been very quiet for you... anyone would think you were taking it easy :roll:

I don't have any battles to fight any more, I'm now debt free.....

I'm still the same LOUD PROUD CAG WARRIOR that I ALWAYS WAS...!!! :-D