Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when trading standards get enough complaints, they might just step in and do something :D

I've must add that from experience, Manchester Trading Standards Service are absolutely useless and that if you have a complaint you should use your own local TS's.

Regards, Dave.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've must add that from experience, Manchester Trading Standards Service are absolutely useless and that if you have a complaint you should use your own local TS's.

Regards, Dave.

I must agree with you on that one DMD.

I contacted both the Salford and the Manchester branch regarding Robbersway.

Salford wrote back said "they are not in our area, so we have passed it to our Manchester branch colleagues.

Manchester branch wrote back "this company is not in our area so we have passed it to our Salford division"

So what a total waste of time both of them branches are.

Alf

Alf

Why not use the Freedom Act and ask the trading standards how many complaints they have received about RWay.

Question

What is the budget for running there office.

The managers name

The managers qualifications regarding her/ his experience

in consumer law.

The salary of the manager holiday entitlement sickness pay

number of prosecutions successfully made in relation to consumer

protection

A full SAR type template letter would be useful that we all could use to stimulate or trading standards into action.

It would only cost the price of a stamp but I think it would

Look forward to you in put and the letter.

Why not use the Freedom Act and ask the trading standards how many complaints they have received about RWay.

This is actually an interesting thought... :smile:

Shall we put together a wish list of sensible questions...?

1) How many complaints have been received about RW in any form in the last six years?

2) Have proceedings ever been contemplated against RW with regards to licence fitness with a view to revoking their Consumer Credit Licence?

3) Have RW ever received a formal warning further to complaint/s investigated by Trading Standards?

Any more for any more??

If we can get a good list together i'll do it and hand deliver to their Manchester offices.

I like that MTAR, though I think it could be worded..

A list of Trading Standards offices which have forwarded complaints to Manchester in the last 6 years
Any more for any more? I'll do this if we get a decent list!

Edit: Ooops! That's what you said in the first place! Note to self... Read more carefully! :D

well i'm sure you can get a list under the FoI act

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

list, a list of complaints made against Robinson WAY (edited)

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

I think that we should think on a national basis and devise a letter which could be sent to all trading standards offices.

The information request would only have to be made by one person from each area .

The request should be for a full disclosure which would include all known dca`s. The CSA has kindly provided the list of there members.

The idea being that we could obtain full coverage in about 20 days.

After we have obtained the feed back all results could be publish here.

We

What rights do I have under the Freedom of Information Act?

You have the right to access information held by public authorities. For more information see our fact sheet below.

What bodies are covered by the Act?

The Act applies to public authorities and companies wholly owned by public authorities in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. A full list of public authorities covered by the Act can be found on the Department of Constitutional Affairs website.

Will I be able to get any information I want?

Not always. The Act recognizes that there will be valid reasons why some kinds of information may be withheld, such as if its release would prejudice national security or damage commercial interests. See our guidance for more details.

Public authorities are not obliged to deal with vexatious or repeated requests. In addition the Act does not provide the right of access to personal information about yourself. This is instead available under the Data Protection Act 1998, again subject to certain exemptions.

How long will I have to wait to get the information?

The public authority generally has 20 working days to provide the information that you have requested. See our guidance on time for compliance.

What can I do if I am unhappy with the way my request has been dealt with, or with the information provided?

You can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. For further details on this, see the complaints section.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint informally, we will issue a decision notice stating whether or not the public authority has complied with the Act. See our latest decision notices.

Relevant downloads

down_arrow_blue.gif

View the document library

FAQs

down_arrow_blue.gif

Read all our FAQs

then could approach the Minister and ask for is it a super inquiry?

The Information Commissioners Office has not helped us.

When we have requested that information published by the reference agencies be removed they do nothing.

Even when we have proved that no authority was given by us ie:

no singed and properly executed agreement.

Well lets see if dog fights dog and if not we can use the Commissioners own freedom act and see what information they have.

list, a list of complaints made against Robinson WAY (edited)

Sorry I have to disagree with my previous post being edited. i said [EDIT] Robinson way, they are trying to [EDIT] you as they dont have the legal right to your hard earnt money, hence the [EDIT] part, taking money from you that you dont owe. [EDIT]

Moderators Note. By your comments you are claiming that Robinson Way have committed theft. Unless you can provide a link to a court transcript in which a Judge found them to be guilty of theft, your comments are libellous.

I realise that it is an emotive subject, but if Robinson Way decided to initiate a libel action, then it would be against CAG for allowing the comments to stay.

If that happened, then CAG could not afford to defend a libel action and it would result in the closure of CAG..... Permanently!

Over 176,000 users rely on this site for advice and help.

Would you really want to let them down?...... I'm sure you don't.

Regards, Rooster-UK.

Abbey charges, Won

Nevertheless, petty name calling isn't going to help anyone and we're going off topic.

On that note, i'll have a think over the next few days and see if we can draft a nice long FoIA letter to Manchester Trading Standards. Should be interesting to see what they come back with. Very tired, going to bed!

Dave.

• Haha 1

Nevertheless, petty name calling isn't going to help anyone and we're going off topic.

On that note, i'll have a think over the next few days and see if we can draft a nice long FoIA letter to Manchester Trading Standards. Should be interesting to see what they come back with. Very tired, going to bed!

Dave.

Ditto. plz let us know on next move, i've had letter from them today saying they take court action in 7 days yet prev admitted they got no CCA

Abbey charges, Won

Sorry to interrupt DMD!!

i GOT A DEED OF sSIGNMENT SENT TO ME TO-DAY BUT NOTHING ON IT RELATES TO ME OR THE ALLEGED DEBT COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY A DEED OF ASSIGNMENT IS AND WHAT IT SHOULD CONTAIN

THANKS

NIGIRL08 - you're better off starting your own thread. As you can see your question has got lost here!!

You will receive appropriate answers when you have a thread of your own :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Dave, this has been going on so long now I'm wondering if you should change the thread title to "Robinson Way ..... The Never Ending Story".

You'd really think they'd have given up by now because it must've cost them more than the debt is worth in terms of their time, paper, postage, phone calls etc.

All your efforts are much appreciated as it gives the rest of us valuable input into what to expect from this company and how to respond to them, so thank you. :) :)

• Haha 1

Here goes then.... First draft...

Letter goes in envelope tomorrow night for posting on Saturday..

Mr David Buckley,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Ashton Under Lyne,

Lancashire,

OLx XXX.

Manchester Trading Standards Service,

1 Hammerstone Road,

Gorton,

Manchester,

M18 8EQ.

05 April 2008

Freedom of Information Act 2000

1 General right of access to information held by public authorities

(1) Any person making a request for information to a public authority is entitled—

(a) to be informed in writing by the public authority whether it holds information of

the description specified in the request, and

(b) if that is the case, to have that information communicated to him.

Dear Sirs,

I would be grateful if you would communicate to me the following information which is requested under the above mentioned legislation.

• Does Robinson, Way & Company Ltd still fall under the juristiction of Manchester Trading Standards Service, if not please advise of which TSS juristiction it now falls.

In direct relation to Manchester Trading Standards Service;

• How many complaints have been received about Robinson, Way & Company Ltd in the last six years, wether it be direct complaints or complaints referred from other entities or other Trading Standards Service departments.
  • From complaints received how many have resulted in a formal investigation taking place?
  • Have proceedings ever been contemplated against Robinson, Way & Company Ltd with regards to Licence Fitness with a view to revoking their Consumer Credit Licence?
  • Have proceedings ever been taken against Robinson, Way & Company Ltd following any complaint and subsequent investigation?
  • Has Manchester Trading Standards Service taken or contemplated taking legal action against Robinson, Way & Company Ltd parent company London Scottish Bank?

I look forward to your reply and due diligence in this matter

Yours faithfully,

David Buckley.

Please keep suggestions sensible though! :)