Pablo V Halifax advice please??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been charged over £2,800 in the last 6 years, the majority in the last year, I have kept my statements and all the letters they sent me, since Oct 01 plus copies of all the complaints I have made over the last few years, together with the "sorry you are not happy... replies, I have nearly completed by spreadsheet.

I certainly intend to follow the steps advised on this site and will use the template letters provided

I have read through the FAQ,

I have a couple of questions if any one can help, the Halifax complaints procedure advises to contact the financial ombudsman if complaint is not resolved, what would happen if I did?

The FAQ advises to open another bank account in case they get nasty and close the account, how easy is this, I thought to open a current account you need to have a salary paid in, not looking forward to this, I have 15 Direct Debits! Can anyone advise?

thanks

Pablo

My have 2 questions

Hi, Pablo.

I had an account with BOS for about 26 years and after my first claim they gave me 30 days to close it. They also asked me to cut up my visa card. Like you I had loads of d/d's ect. It is a pain in the backside having to change them all but if the banks due you a few quid, it's worth it. I had some problems opening another account but I have one now. I don't think you will have to complain to the Financial Ombusman as the bank will give you your money back.Just remember you are well within your rights to ask for your money back. They might not close your account, they have'nt with a lot of people. Hope all go's well with whatever you decide to do.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I started a spreadsheet before I visted this site for the first time.

I included lots of data, ie references from each letter I have had informing me of charges, this was so I could cross reference with statements.

Sometimes I have had several letters in one day and the reference nos are sequential, I have logged them in the correct sequence and have found that they seem to be arranged to apply as many charges as possible,

Direct Debit £5, Direct Debit £30, the £30 is taken first taking me above my limit and a £30 charge applied, if the smaller debit of £5.00 had been taken first I would only have had one charge applied! As I have logged 6 years of charges this seems to be a regular occurence. Surely this cannot be legal? Anybody else experienced this?