Ebay Buyer - Help Needed Please *Anyone*

taz_in_2001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am having problems with a very cocky ebayer, I purchased a hairpiece from her and it hasn't turned up

There were no problems in asking for a refund but she expects me to wait untill she has claimed from royal mail so I sent her:

Hi, if they do not turn up monday then a refund should be issued on that day, I don't mean to sound rude but the complaint is with yourself an royal mail it does not involve me I am a mere third party, they will refund to you not me, and I do not mean to sound ungrateful but I am simply not waiting until they refund you just to have my money back its not fair it could take awhile

Thanks

Sarah

Which I think sounds ok but then she replyed with this:

Yes, you have a point. At least i am going to the trouble of refunding. I could be like the couple of people i have dealt with who have promised me refunds and nothing has happened. I have proof of posting and i state i cannot be held responsible for royal mail. You could have been unlucky enough to be dealing with someone who didnt care. Will sort refund.

I know I am entitled to a refund and could quite easily get it through paypal but dont want to go through them as they are more trouble then they are worth.

Could anybody please give me a quote that I could use from the sale of goods act about refunds so I can show this woman that just because she states she cannot be held responsible for royal mail if the goods are not delivered then she does technically have to refund regardless of what she has stated

Thanks All

IMHO if you paid through paypal then use the refund option on there to get your money back..... At least, so long as she has money in there you should get your money back....

PINKPETAL

Lloyds TSB (1) Statements received

LLoyds TSB (2) Statements Received

LLoyds TSB (3) Statements received

Halifax Credit Card (1) Statements received

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

RBOS (Halifax) Credit Card (3) SARS has Elapsed, on 54 days now

Barclaycard - Goodwill offer of £264.00 :mad:

IMHO if you paid through paypal then use the refund option on there to get your money back..... At least, so long as she has money in there you should get your money back....

Hi thanks for responding, she is doing the reund anyway and even if she doesn't I will go through paypal just dont want to use it as first option they only give you 3 disputes over a year a think could be wrong.

I just didn't like her attitude towards the refund part and want to rub her nose in it basically letting her know either way regardless of what she stated by law she has to refund

I dont think that there is really anything in the sale of goods act etc that would apply to this transaction.

Did she give the option of recorded delivery and insurance ?

You could always rub her nose in it on the feedback forum instead...

You have to bear in mind that there are alot of unscrupulous people on ebay, winning items and then proclaiming that they have not arrived, when infact they have...

It seems to be a "buyer Beware" culture.

PINKPETAL

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

I dont think that there is really anything in the sale of goods act etc that would apply to this transaction.

Did she give the option of recorded delivery and insurance ?

You could always rub her nose in it on the feedback forum instead...

You have to bear in mind that there are alot of unscrupulous people on ebay, winning items and then proclaiming that they have not arrived, when infact they have...

It seems to be a "buyer Beware" culture.

The items were supposed to be recorded included in the postage I paid. I understand about buyers, I had a buyer purchase an item pay for it, leave me feedback noting that they had got it and then claim the money back from paypal saying their card was used without their knowledge, well peed me off. However if she actually looked at my 100% pos feedback she would know I am honest, I just didn't like her attitude, I dont think anyone has the right to talk to anyone that way, I am not one of the people that have said to her she cant have a refund so dont treat me like it kind of thing lol

Never mind though I will just go through paypal if I dont hear anything in the next few days

Can she remove funds from her paypal whilst in a dispute ?

Right, so if the items were recorded, ask her to send you the number on the recorded delivery slip and check it on line with Royal Mail.

If she cannot produce this information, then you could take it up with Ebay because if she charged you for this service she should have provided it.

What is her feedback like ?

If she has any nouse, she will have made sure that there was minimal funds in paypal.

What was the value of the item ?

PINKPETAL

Halifax Credit Card (2)

SARS request Sent

She gave me the number and it says undelivered so that matches her story, her feedback is 100%, the item was only £13 so not a great deal but every penny counts for me as i'm not in great employment and a full time mum

a word of warning with paypal.

several people i know have tried to get refunds through that system and they didnt want to know, so dont bet on them helping you 100%.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Hi, just thought i'd post an experience I had regarding a PayPal 'refund'.

I bought a 2nd hand PS2 for spares or repair from eBay. I paid £17.99 for it inc. P&P. When the item hadn't appeared after a couple of weeks I contacted the seller who promised it was on it's way, he had been away which had delayed postage. (it later became apparent this was a stalling tactic so he could 'sell' all his other items before disappearing off the radar!):mad:

I followed the correct eBay procedure, contacting seller, giving him time to respond etc before filing an 'item not received complaint'. This takes ages as PayPal has to try and make contact with the seller. :confused:

I waited weeks before finally being told by PayPal that I had a refund on the non-received item............of £2.99!!8-)

I was furious but told that this was the maximum refund I was eligible for as the seller hadn't registered for PayPal buyer protection!!:o

I never saw my £15 again and the negative f/b I left for the seller is completely insignificant as he is no longer a registered eBay user! (more like he waited a couple of days, changed his user ID and continues to rip people off!):-x

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

actually it doesn't matter how much you have in your paypal account because if there isn't enought there they will (legally) claim the money from your bank account. All paypal accounts must have a valid bank account associated with them.

We always use recorded delivery when we sell stuff.