zubo v MBNA (Virgin) x 2 Credit Cards

zubo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Next up are my two Credit Cards with Virgin:

Letters to be sent recorded tomorrow:

Comments please

Covering letter

I have recently discovered that it is likely that you have not dealt with my accounts in a lawful manner, and, whilst I have every intention of always paying my lawfully incurred debts, in this particular instance I am placing the accounts into dispute pending the outcome of my investigations.

Your attention is drawn to the two attached letters which will form the basis of my investigation. You are requested to fully comply with the information requested so that I can complete my investigation promptly and resume payments on the accounts if it is proven to be my lawful debts.

Letter 1

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my accounts for the last six years. Alternatively, a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties and charges against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which hitherto you have found to be acceptable.

Yours Faithfully,

Letter 2:

With reference to the above accounts, would you please send me a true copy of the executed credit agreements with the prescribed terms.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request and this should be supplied within 12 working days. I enclose a payment of £2.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act for the agreements.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defense to any court claim that is issued.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

Next up are my two Credit Cards with Virgin:

Letters to be sent recorded tomorrow:

Comments please

Covering letter

I have recently discovered that it is likely that you have not dealt with my accounts in a lawful manner, and, whilst I have every intention of always paying my lawfully incurred debts, in this particular instance I am placing the accounts into dispute pending the outcome of my investigations.

Your attention is drawn to the two attached letters which will form the basis of my investigation. You are requested to fully comply with the information requested so that I can complete my investigation promptly and resume payments on the accounts if it is proven to be my lawful debts.

Letter 1

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my accounts for the last six years. Alternatively, a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties and charges against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which hitherto you have found to be acceptable.

Yours Faithfully,

Letter 2:

With reference to the above accounts, would you please send me a true copy of the executed credit agreements with the prescribed terms.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request and this should be supplied within 12 working days. I enclose a payment of £2.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act for the agreements.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defense to any court claim that is issued.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Hi Zubo, welcome to our MBNA forum!!! Our paths have crossed elsewhere on the site and it's great to see you here!

So, am just subscribing to keep up with developments.

Your letters appear absolutely fine to me, get them off a.s.a.p.

Good luck!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Not until now... they were small fry compared to others I have started previously:D

btw I do like your letter - we may have disagreed on the other stuff but I do like what you have done/doing - I didnt see much point in offering any help since you seem to have it WELL in hand - but be aware - we are all here for you!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that. I did step over the mark with Peter, but I had apologied to the guy on three or four occasions by PM, not one returned. I'm just keeping my distance.

I'm just probing with the letter really, it does seem like I'm going to have to pay the piper and pay these guys, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I'm thinking about starting another thread anyway, it's entitled M55DLC gets rolled over by the VAT man and the TAX man (HMRC!). No s85 in there to work with!

Thanks for that. I did step over the mark with Peter, but I had apologied to the guy on three or four occasions by PM, not one returned. I'm just keeping my distance.

I'm just probing with the letter really, it does seem like I'm going to have to pay the piper and pay these guys, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I'm thinking about starting another thread anyway, it's entitled M55DLC gets rolled over by the VAT man and the TAX man (HMRC!). No s85 in there to work with!

yeah been there in another life many years ago contracting and trying to run my own little IT empire.... they make it soooooo hard and boy do they have some goddamn mean powers:mad::mad::mad::mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Hi Zubo,

I am new to the site, just looking around when I read your letters sent to 2 virgin (MBNA) which I am currently starting (sending off for my CCA tommorow. How did you get on and have you any advice along my journey??

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

Hi Talbot

I'm at stalemate... not heard anything for weeks.....

probably just cursed the stalemate....

My advice is to use the full SAR in the library, not my letter which is not so robust.....

include there the request for the CCA agreement, send £10+£1, send registered/signed for...

then wait, wait, wait....

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As i am not in dispute yet shall I continue to make my payment minimum which is only £25. Also what address did you send your correspondence to:)

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• 4 months later...