Offered deal with carcraft thru ucarcredit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off I know my credit is crap. So I know I'll not get the best, I've been told by one of their guys that I got a high pass. hmm.

Anyhow, I'll negotiate best I can on the price but what I want to know is has anyone any ideas as I've not the strongest legs to stand on as it were.

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

At this point I'm low on options. Wife due our number 4 so have to get a 7-seater, no option there. Have a company car but just not big enough for a family of 6.

Really, my credit is that bad. Don't know where else to turn. :Cry:

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

is there no chance of trying to get a bank loan.

the interest is amazingly better compared to these car company's.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

CarCraft add approximately £2k across the normal retail price of every car they sell. They might busge up to a grand so you feel like you're getting a great deal, but even if you paid cash you're still paying over the odds. Just about ANYWHERE is going to be a better bet than carshaft (and that's before they stick you with their PPI, warranty and their Own Loan company - when the paperwork turns up, you might notice that the Address on the car craft paperwork, the (expensive and barely useful) warranty paperwork, the PPI paperwork and (if you're too bad for Black Horse) the loan paperwork will all be the same address. It's no coincidence!

Honestly, just about anything is better. If you look around, you can probably find a decent local dealer who will be able to do anyone credit, and the interest rate might still be high, but if the starting price of the car is £1000 - £1500 less, it's a good start!

(BTW, for anyone looking at the carshaft website, the prices on there are usually at least £1000 - £1500 less than the price on the car in the showroom - this is so they can look vaguely competitive to anyone doing their homework / comparing prices on autotrader can be lured to the showroom. If you've got an interent price, they won't budge, because whoever's 'helping' you won't see a penny of commission if they do.

CrapitalOne - SAR Sent 06-02-07 / SAR sent again 03-02-12 / Prelim sent 20-03-12

HSBC - SAR Sent 12-03-07. SAR sent again 03-02-12

BOS Mastercard - SAR Sent 03-02-12 / Prelim sent 20-03-12

Barclaycard - SAR Sent 09-02-07 / Prelim sent 12-03-07 / Partial offer recd 16-03-07 / New Prelim sent 27/03/12.

Black Horse - SAR sent 03-02-12 / Big load of bumf arrived 07/03/12

Halifax - Statements requested 30-01-07 / 153 pages of statements arrived 06-02-07 / Prelim sent 10-02-07 / LBA sent 01-03-2007 / Partial offer recd 07-03-07 / Full offer received (after phone call) 08-03-07!

Guest SH321

I never understand why anybody uses a company like this - I would always make the loan and the vehicle seperate. ie: Go on to moneysupermarket.com and sort the loan out (there is always somebody that will lend whatever the circumstance), then once you have the loan sorted (money in bank), use autotrader to locate a car - and hagle a good deal. You will save £000's - you can even buy warrenty independantly (via the web) at a fraction of the dealer cost.

If part ex is the problem - for the price the dealer will give you for the car you are better off selling privatley - ie: I sold my astra privatley for £3,800 the best px I could get was £3,000 - As I then had cash in hand I hagled £500 off my next car (bringing it below book price) and got 12mths road tax thrown in.

• 3 weeks later...

heres another solution. Could you opt out of the company car scheme and take an allowance, then offset the difference for a 7 seater. Or ask to change the company car for a 7 seater and pay difference from your wages direct to your employer?

heres another solution. Could you opt out of the company car scheme and take an allowance, then offset the difference for a 7 seater. Or ask to change the company car for a 7 seater and pay difference from your wages direct to your employer?

there used to be that option with company, but no more.

Sorted a semi-good finance deal and went to dealers. got an 8-seat 807 (named the BUS). Well pleased but worried about all the extra gadgets on it! Hoping they not break...

Sods law

P.T. Barnum