Dave v Barclaycard

dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent off for the list of charges under the DPA some months ago, and only last Saturday did I discover that my partner had inadvertantly used my card to buy something on ebay (3 cards in paypal account) for £1.86, for which Barclaycard took £20 for as it put me about 80p over my limit.

So, with renewed vigour, I set about wading through the list of charges - and totalled 540 quid. Interestingly, the last year there were a few charges that were reveresed the following month - maybe I got better at arguing with them!!

Anyway, 14 day, give the money back letter sent, and I am accepting nothing less than 19.9% APR - they borrowed my money without my consent, thus, I have added an unauthorised borrowing %.

Send recorded - they have recieved it, but as such no reply.

12 days to go before D-Day (for them!).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Guest Lueeze

Wow good luck with that! If yours works with 19.9% I might have a go with barclaycard on that too!!!

I can't see how it won't work really.

The only thing they can do is apply to have the claim struck out - which I can't see really - there's surely an implied term in the contract that states that if money becomes oweable by them, then it should be at the same rate - I can't see a judge throwing that out - it's quite possibly the fairest way of calculating it.

Also, to dispute the % if it's not thrown out would mean that they would have to go to court to prove otherwise, and in the process would have to face my attack of their charges, something they could only escape by disclosing how they arrive at the £20 figure for doing nothing.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Guest Lueeze

Yes, i recon its fair game, if they can charge us that why not reverse it? Go for it Dave, if you do it may make me a bit richer than I envisaged!

Use Vamps excellent spreadsheet in the library section ;-)

I did!

------------

------------

• 2 months later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

------------

------------

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks