aldezine Vs FD

aldezine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have sent my 2nd letter to FD and they have told me they will get back to me within 10 working days which complies with my 14 day request.

However, while waiting for their reply I have incurred more charges and they have recalled one of my DD's and charged me £37.50 for this!!

Also I didnt include overdraft interest on my 2nd letter.

When I write my 3rd letter can I add the new charges and the overdraft interest to my spreadsheet?

Thanks, AL

You can amend you claim at any time up until you file at court, so just add the new charges to the LBA and schedule

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the general overdraft interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. Section 69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

Thanks Michael,

Ive used Vampiress' spreadsheet the claim is for £500, the interest amounts to £90 because of the time gone by going back 6yrs, I thought that it might complicate things and following your comments think I may leave it off.

I believe that they claim they do not refund recall charges but if you persist they will come round in the end. Will adding the recent recall charge slow down the claim?

Thanks, AL

Hi, Aldezine.

Just filed my MCOL with FD (Monday 28th).

I too was unsure about the £37.50 charge for recalled DD’s.

Even though I received three letters from FD refusing to take them into consideration, I have still gone ahead to reclaim them.

Keep watching……. I’m within the last “few”days – and feeling very confident.

Best wishes!