Saffy v's Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi -I finally found the correct forum lol :)

I just filed a small claim for just over £400 too y/b online .They have 'acknowleged ' the claim but have 28 days to respond ?

I sent the account no and s/c with the claim but could they stall and say satements where not attached?I sent the staements with charghes highlighted and I have proof of y/b getting these as I sent recorded delivery .

Will they take me to court?I dont want to go to court I am totally scared:eek:

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely

Hi Saffy,

I do hope you mean the schedule of charges and not the statements themselves. You will need to keep hold of these for your court bundle.

Best wishes

Zoot

Hi Zoot,I was going to send copies of my statements with the charges highlighted.Is this worng? I will keep the originals.Has anybody ever been taken to court?I scared now ,thenotice of acknowledgement arrived today.

Any advice would be great,

Saffy

The statement of charges is basically a list of all the charges that should really have been sent with your letters. There are templates that you can use if you follow this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Do this as soon as you can and send 2 copies to the court.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well guys.I have now got 2 schedules of charges with interest ready to post to court and 1 for y/b solicitor.Both will be posted tommorow recorded delivery .I know y/b will send me their defence soon but after I have posted these I will have done all I can (I hope) .I really hope I dont go to court though? If I do I will need a buddy:D

So are you refusing the offer and holding out for the interest?

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No-I am taking the offer as they are paying me all my charges-court costs and £10 statement fee .My claim was only £348 so reletivley small and the interest was only £48.We go away at easter so the quicker I get the money the better iykwim?

I do indeed, so if you're happy with that then congratulations. Just one word of caution, YB are often slow sending the cheques, so I suggest that you write and tell them that if you receive a cheque for the amount offered within 7 days of the date of your letter (which you should send 1st class), you will discontinue the claim. I'm not sure if you actually did a court claim, but if they sent you a Discontinuance Notice, tell them you will send it to the court when the cheque is cleared. If they have simply sent 2 copies of a letter so that you can sign one, I would just send the letter that I suggested.

Keep it all on your terms or they might continue to delay and Easter isn't far away.;)

What's Best for You?

Thanks CARO -I did file a claim so was sent a discontinue notice .I will do as you advise and only send the 2nd copy of letter with covering letter stating I will send the notice to court upon reciept of cleared funds.Thanks for your tips as I was al for signing the notice and including this with acceptance letter.Your post may speed things up for us,your a star!