Landlord backed out- help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please can some one help. After months of searching we found a house for my family to rent and gave a £600 reservation deposit. Before giving notice to our present landlord we asked the letting agent to do all the necessary checks etc. so that it was pretty much a certain move. We got the all clear from them and we gave our landlord the notice. A week later the new agency called us to say the landlord due to personal reasons changed his mind about renting the house.We cannot find another property on the market that would suit us. The house we are in at the moment is now being viewed by people and i called our present agency to tell them what happened. They said not our problem and we will continue to show it to new tenants and talk to landlord. I'm going to talk to him on monday as i could not reach him. Does anyone know if we are allowed to stay if need be? do we have any rights? i know he is advertising this place for more money than we pay. is he allowed to charge is more?

Anyone with any advice extremely appreciated

Sent prelim letter Halifax bank and credit card 10/07/06

recieved denial of unlawful charges from Halifax C 13/07/06

recieved goodwill gesture of little under half of claim from halifax bank

24/07/06

You can stay until they get an order of possession from the court. If they have not served notice upon you yet, then that will take at least 3 months.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

i think this is a tricky one as you ahve actually terminated the contract by giving notice - speak to your landlord, if you ahve a good relationship, but it might be worthwhile taking a trip to the CAB as well.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Doesnt matter tiglet, they still have to get an order of possession, which can only be obtained 2 months after serving a Section 21 notice.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I'd still give CAB a call, just to be sure.

Hopefully, the landlord will be amenable anyway.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

And just to add a point, The Landlord or Agent must make prior written arrangement to enter the property, ie to show other prospective tennants or purchasers around, just as he/she would have to do to carry out repairs or landlords safety checks.

You are however entitled to live in peace, whether renting or squating and visits every other day from strangers are not acceptable.

Thank you so much for your time and advice. That has settled my nerves a great deal.

Sent prelim letter Halifax bank and credit card 10/07/06

recieved denial of unlawful charges from Halifax C 13/07/06

recieved goodwill gesture of little under half of claim from halifax bank

24/07/06