Independent Today

Odd Fellow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The newspapers seems to be really getting into this bank charges debacle - today is the second time the Independent has featured the underhandedness of the banks, today featuring the tactics for not complying with the Data Protection Act.

This is the second time I have been featured in the national press (Express last week too). On both occasions I have tried to get this web site's address mentioned and only just managed a reference to it in passing today.

The focus seems to be on Martin Lewis' MoneySavingExpert.com site (excellent though it is), I feel that CAG is missing out. Perhaps the mods can get in touch with the papers to see if they can secure some more coverage.

The story has also reached America. Check out: Marketplace: Brits won't take fees lying down

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.