T-Mobile - Default with Incorrect Information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Someone I know has a default on their credit file with Equifax, the problem is that the first name, last name is incorrect as well as the date of birth this was defaulted in 2001 and the contract started in 2000. Would it be best for them to send off a SAR or just speak to Equifax and deny ever having the mobile contract?

Guest ian cognito

If the information on your credit report is inaccurate, they must remove it. They may contact T-mobile before they do and they may give them the correct information, however, given the age of the default and the fact that it willl drop off the report some time this year, they may no longer have it. Equifax should be the first port of call, just tell them the info is incorrrect and must be removed and see what they say, they certainly cannot ignore it.

Do bear in mind that before Equifax do anything, they will want your friend to disclose a LOT of personal information so they can 'update' their records - and of course if the incorrect details are linked to his report, and they were genuinely his, they'll be amended to show the corrected default.

I too have defaults on my credit file from t mobile so does hubby. both defaults show wrong dates of birth. on call credit file the balances show as settled £0 on experian and equifax they show as £96 on mine and £444 on hubbys, both these accounts where transfered to Robison way & co. we made arrangemant with them to pay £25 a month of each, they stopped sending us payment slips after 3 months we only started repaying it last year after not haering anything about them for over 4 years. do you think we could get them removed for false information (the dates of birth are nothing like right)

Just because a DoB is wrong, doesn't mean that the rest of the information they hold is incorrect, indeed it is to your advantage that they don't hold your correct DoB as it means thers less chance of your identity being stolen because your DoB would not correctly identify you to others.

(This is why CRAs always want an official document like a Passport or Driving Licence so they can use this to qualify/correct DoB data that they have no other means of getting).