Payitallback v Capital One ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a contact number on the Credit Reference agencies you could use. They could move the default very quick. Maybe a call to Capital One to remind them.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Payitallback, you will find that Capital One will inform the CRA's on their monthly updates, all the info gets sent to CRA's on a particular date of the month, mine was sent in around 17th and was processed by CRA within 48 hours.

I received a letter on Saturday, dated 24th (Thursday), from Sven Lagerberg, Customer Relations Manager saying he has contacted the three CRAs and that the amendment should show in 48 hours, I'll leave it until wednesday and then order my credit files and have a look. Do you think they will be updated that quickly?

Once CRA's get info they are pretty quick to act and 48 hours is the usual time they quote so should all be done next week, just keep an eye on them though. Hopefully O/H will receive this letter Tuesday/Wednesday, he seems to be 1 day behind you on everything. Did you get your cheque, hubby received his on Friday?

Hi, I'm just about ready to start my claim against Cap One and want some advice. I'm still not sure if I should go via MCOL or issue a N1. The total of charges is £1,288, and In my First Letter I requested this plus £307 in statutory interest (£1,595 in total). I hear that it is difficult to fully include the particulars of your claim sufficiently in MCOL, unless your claim id for a relativey small number of charges? Does this leave N1 as the best option for me?

My Letter One included the list of charges, dates and amounts charged, but not the reason for charge. Is this something I should ensure I include on my claim now?

I phoned Capital One on Friday to ask if they wanted to settle in full before I start court proceedings and they said a letter was sent out on Thursday offering me £470 (I haven't received anything in the post yet). I declined this and said I would proceed with my claim for the full amount. Does anyone know how Capital One deal with this? Is it merely a letter saying drop proceedings and we'll send a cheque for £470 or do they actually send a cheque with the letter? If they send a cheque I could accept without prejudice, but would I have to re-submit my N1 (or MCOL)? I should probably wait for tomorrow's post, I guess?

Finally, I have included only statutory interest of 8% so far. Am I able to change to compound interest at this stage? Having looked at the N1 form help from the templates library on this site, I'm not sure how I should include it on my claim within the Value field of the form? A duffers guide to interest would be of help!

Capital One send a letter offering to refund £8 per charge (bringing the charges down to the £12 level deemed to be the maximum acceptable by the Office of Fair Trading ruling). The cheque normally follows within 14 working days.

I would recommend using an N1 from the HM Court Service website rather than MCOL.

If you have a letter telling you a cheque is on the way then you can assume that it will arrive in the next week or so, but until you have it in your hand I would continue with your claim for the whole amount. It doesn't prejudice your claim to accept part settlement, and you won't have to resubmit your N1. If the claim progresses beyond issuing the Claim Form (which it won't!) you can add the information that you have accepted part payment at that stage.

I'm afraid I can't help you regarding Contractual Interest as I haven't tries to claim it yet. Good Luck!

Payitallback.

Hi Payitallback.

I'm new to the forum and have read your thread with interest. Did you manage to get the defaults removed?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

As per my last post, Experian have removed the default, as have Equifax. Call Credit is still currently showing a default but I hope that's just due to the cycle they operate as regards updating their records. I'll find out tomorrow.

To be honest the whole process has been pretty straightforward, and Capital One didn't put up much of a fight. They were very helpful initially in fact, sending my copy statements almost straight away.

More than I can say for Lloyds TSB! I finally got My Lloyds TSB Visa statements on Saturday after three months wait, letters, phone calls...

That's good to hear. Hope Call Credit get their finger out and amend your data pronto! Haven't had the "pleasure" of banking with Lloyds TSB.

I am in a similar position with a slight complication. Had a Cap one card with measly £200. This defaulted in in 2004 due to their excessive charges. (I think need to re-check my credit file). The default is showing on both Equifax and Experian.

Due to various financial problems, I could not pay. Then last year received letters from my local county court saying that bailiffs would be attending my property, unless I paid the warrant of execution. Which I did twice.

It was Bryan Carter and Solicitors that were dealing with the case for Cap One but I have just read a thread that says that they ceased trading in February 2007. My most recent communication from them is dated 14/5/07.

I would like some advice on how to proceed with them. Do I go for a CCA notice from Cap One first on the grounds that no CCA then unenforceable debt? The flaming thing is also registered as a CCJ on my file. I want to claim back all the execessive charges that caused my account to go over £484 over, my authorised limit in the first place. I can prove that it was not from additional spending, as they block your card when you are overlimit. I have all my statements from when the account was opened.

All replies are most welcome. I will start my own thread shortly!

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Can anyone here give me some advice? Payitallback, I would love your input!! deedee1310 v Capital One

:D

My threads

Hi doo,

tryed to send you a private message asking for help,

Your the only one i can see online so i thought id grab you.

could you have a look at my thread coxey61 vs capital one need .

Thanks Coxey61

you post is full.