car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help my daughter has had a car on finance for the last 3yrs which was about over last month when we paid a payment i asked how long was left i was told it would be finished in april. which left about £314 my daughter rang today to clear it and when she asked how much was left was told there was £1100 she told them this was wrong but was told it was charges which have added up since she had the car eg £50 if they,d had to make a home visit so much for late payment which if we were late would only be a couple of days out. When we were late they,d send a letter with a total owed and what had been paid theres nothing about these charges we have to pay, can we do anything or do we have to pay them only with the amount we,ve paid we only have to pay £314 to finish it.

blueeyes

Write and ask for a final figure. Ask for a breakdown of the charges and a copy of the terms and conditions that applied at the time the contract was signed that indicate that there would be charges and how much they would be.

£800 in charges sounds extreme, and some of them are perhaps unlawful

and need not be paid. It may mean that your daughter may not be able to resolve the matter for some time though, and the going may be tough

at times.

• 2 months later...

Right after asking and asking i finally got the imformation i require, i was told id av to pay for a copy of the aggreement but fortunatly for me i still av it. Heres the list please could anyone tell me if i av to pay them all;

notice of default fee fee ledger 23.50 charged 15 times

home visits fee ledger 47.00 charged 8 times

phone call fee ledger 11.75 charged 14 times

debit a fee receipt fee ledger 52.88 charged 1 time

cheque rd fee fee ledger 15.00 charged 4 times

tracing costs fee ledger 58.75 charged 2 times

I dont no why theres a tracing fee as they av always known where i live.

thankyou.

blueeyes

Most of the charges are reclaimable though some of them may depend on the T&Cs.

It seems way over the top to send out someone to visit your daughter as

often as they have done. Can they provide proof that they called? Did they

actually see your daughter on any of these occasions or did they leave a note through the door to say they ad missed her? If not then it will be very

hard to justify the charges -it'e an old bailiff trick-charging for calls not made.

The tracing charge is also suspect. I suppose they could almost justify one of them if they had written several letters to her and she had not responded, or

someone had said that shi didn't live there any more.

The notice of default fees are reclaimable, as are the phone calls and the

cheque rtd fees.

Not sure what the fee receipt fee is to advise you one way or the other.

She should certainly pay the £314 if taht's what she still owes, but I suggest

that you point out that the charges are unlawful and will not be paid.

• 9 months later...

Hi sorry its been a while but with one thing and another(pc break down) anyway just to update. phoned finance company told them charges where unlawful and wouldn't be paying them, that was back in june 2007 and so far not heard anything.

blueeyes