Garner vs Barclays

smudgeruk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

made my approach for statements which i recieved quickly and they also returned my £10 cheque.

had a response today for my request of the return of nearly £2500 which offers as a gesture of good will as full and final settlement £820.

why do they assume when they have given up so much so relatively easily that people will accept!

needless to say i will be putting lba in this weekend might even use the prepaid envelope they sent me!!

thank you darling!!! er hmmm anyway i think its a good starting offer and not bad for just 2 letters in total and a max of 2 hours work! but im happy to hold on in there.

great site lots of brilliant advise.

I think their offer, even very feeble as they are are simply advice from their legal team so it looks like they are coming across sympathetic to your plea. They know you will reject it so really its an empty promise, although we're not allowed to speculate on that

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nightwalker,

To start a new thread you go the bottom of the Barclays Bank forum and there's a button to click for starting it.

personally, I wouldn't advise making an estimate of charges using the last 3 months statements, you should send the SAR letter and a cheque for £10.00 requesting your statements from the last six years, then go thru them with a fine tooth comb and highlight all your charges. Then you can claim what you know they definitely owe you and not a rough guess.

Hope this helps,

:-xBanksworstnightmare!:-x

Barclays - WON - £1391.89 (settled after received court date)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Barclays filed their defence today. bit hacked off i have to pay another 100 quid for the AQ though. oh well soon be over i hope. I assume if i win that 100 is added to my claim payout?

ok got the aq form and their defence which makes reference to some claims being over the 6 years wgich obviosly they werent when i first made the claim. do i need to ammend this will it affect it in any way

ok got the aq form and their defence which makes reference to some claims being over the 6 years wgich obviosly they werent when i first made the claim. do i need to ammend this will it affect it in any way.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

Yes the cost of the AQ is added to your costs so you will get it back!

The date of your claim starts when you sent the first letter, so if this is past the six years, it is not a problem and nothing has to be changed!

As you have the allocation questionaire the link below helps you fill it out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Part H of an N150 - it is easier to copy the entire part of the template that is the draft order and copy and paste it onto a word document.

In part H...then just put "as attached".

If you have any questions about the allocation questionaire, post back.

All the best,

CJ

thank you chloe sent the first letter off jan i think off the top of my head. just hoping when i send this in itll get over with fairly hastitily im spending the cash in my head already!

• 4 weeks later...

ok got my court date today 25th june which is a bummer cos i just started a new job for transprt for london so could be tricky getting that date off. do i have to attend or can i just submit my case?

also they have graciously allowed 5 mins for the case to be heard!

is this good or bad news do you reckon?