Hazy-thoughts

Hazy v RBS Credit cards::: (Help Please)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4669 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello and I wonder if someone can give me a little advice. I have started the ball rolling with a few credit cqrd companies, ie

Nationwide credit card

Morgan stanley

MBNA

and Alliance and Leicester b/society.

After bringing up 2 kids and spending what seems to be the last few years living from hand to mouth despite a full time job, I know only too well how credit card companies and banks prey on the vulnerable and stuff you at each and every opportunity.

Well now thanks to the help i am receiving on this site it is Payback Time.

The advice i require is this ::

Having sorted out a few of my other credit cards it appears they are all RBS cards albeit under a different guise, Mint etc.

Now i have left RBS to last as they are my major debtor.

Does anyone know what happens when you make a claim against them. re closing account. demanding cards to be paid up etc.

It is just that i am sure they owe me a lot of money though i am not sure i would be able to pay off the balance in one go, and obviously dont want to commit financial suicide.

Also do i send SAR request to Southend Address.

Finally. They are obviously a Scottish Company. based in Southend. Are they covered by Scottish or English law. as this may determine how many months/Years i can claim for.

I would really appreciate any help you may be able to give as i cant seem to find much on the site re RBS credit cards, only their bank accounts.

Thanks in advance

Hazy :)

english law

and i doubt anyone will close A/C etc after A+L got fined a few weeks back.

go for it!

dx100uk:D

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Found this address for your SAR, i can't remember where i sent mine,

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk - Retail

HBOS plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

I think all requests are forwarded internally to the correct department anyway, no matter what address you use (as long as it's a valid RBS one!)

As far as closing your account they seem to treat everyone differently, though i imagine if your claim is substantial they will be keen to close you down IMO.

They are covered by English law if the branch the account is held in is English and Scottish alike! if that helps.

Good luck,

I have just sent my prelim for a Business account to the Customer relations Freepost Edinburgh address.

I've just seen dx's post to you, I didn't know that either, that's encouraging then

First Direct ** WON ** :p

Brilliant, Thanks very much to you both for advice.

I had read on this site that A & L were closing accounts and had been fined for it. Apparently it seems they are still closing them though i have seen some recent threads on here confirming this.

The thing to do i suppose is to take them to court for closing it, althugh it wont get your account back it will get them a heavier fine each time.

I will get my SAR done now.

Thanks again and please keep in touch, let me know how your claim progresses Badmother, ( I am sure your not really ) lol

Sorry Hazy, just reread your thread I didn't realise these are credit cards financed by RBS, and not a current account! The address I gave you may not be appropriate in your case, you would probably be better writing directly to the credit cards own address, ie Mint customer care etc, the address will be on the prepaid envelope they send along with your bill. Sorry, in my haste to help I get a bit carried away !!!!:o

First Direct ** WON ** :p

no probs Badmaother, appreciate the help.

Thanks

Hazy