• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ge Money Refusingis This Right?**WON**

archer_66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive requested the £30 charges off GE money which come to just under £400 with interest.theyve wroe today saying that "the recent OFT findings into default fee charges only applied to banks and credit cards and did not apply to auto finance.our view remains that we are entitled to charge these fees" is this right or is it theyre way of getting me to bugger off? should i just now send them the second letter?:confused:

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i also requested charges back from GE Money for a store account card totalling a similar amount with interest, i received today in response to my LBA a letter stating that they disagree with the OFT findings but as a gesture of good will they will refund me £130 as full and final settlement. As a policy they cannot refund interest charges, i am proceeding with my claim for refund in full including interest. Defo send them a second letter

They are just fobbing you off.

Read allthe FAQs and continue with your claim as normal.

The OFT only issues guidelines, You are claiming under LAW which the OFT has no influence over.

• Haha 1

sorry i clicked the wrong icon PKEA! hope it didnt go thru!i was meaning to go for the scales!! thanks both for the advice ill get printing right away! :)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

your lucky getting reples - I've not heard anything - for the value of 3 letters and two months:-x big company - very complacent IMHO

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

well ive had replies so far off GE money and capital one,but nothing off monument and natwest took 2 months to send me a letter saying they would look into it.im issuing court proceedings next week against them .:( but GE are really arrogant and unbending at the best of times!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

thats interesting to know,you'll have to keep me updated to see how it unfolds.btw stevesj i was told by GE that they dont receive letters unless they are sent recorded!! its funny that the cheques are always cashed though! i sent off my 2nd letter to GE money yesterday :)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

charges are charges at the end of the day - if applied as penalties, like through the banks and other institutions - they CAN be reclaimed as unfair and unlawful - you will notice that others on this forum are doing the same - go get them and good luck!(but take the steps as advised, and be careful not to let them catch you out, in due process)

all my letters were sent by recorded - when i phoned them yesterday,i went through the switchboard - who kept me hanging for 20 minutes, couldn't find the credit management team, and couldn't understand that i was wanting to talk to someone, after twenty minutes they hung up!! - i'm going to court Monday, had enough!:mad: noted their inadequate and rude customer service - lets face it I owe them nothing , if i owed them a penny they'd come after me - now the reverse is true.......

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

i know what u mean about rude customer services! when i phoned them the other week i wasnt happy about being told they dont receive letters unless they were recorded so i asked the woman what happened to them.i said do u burn them or throw them away? she wasnt happy and hung up on me so i phoned again and had to explain from the beginning again! they make you so angry! i owe them money so ive paid the difference i owe after ive taken the money off they owe me.ive now been told by their debt company EDR(even more rude!) that theyre telling GE to take me to court.if they do itll save me time! lol

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

"ive now been told by their debt company EDR(even more rude!) that theyre telling GE to take me to court.if they do itll save me time! lol"

And money no doubt - although will they take you to court? - the implications of doing so will show up the unfair charges, they will have to justify it, and it will set off all the other financial institutions. I reckon they won't go to court, they xan't afford the risk - unless they're stupid....:lol:

:lol: yea good point! i'll just have to wait and see what happens then! fingers crossed!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Hello everyone,

Sorry to butt in .Please make no bones about it. You are legally entitled to claim your penalty charges back .GE can be as awkward as they wish. It still does not change anything.Claim you charges back from them. It is money you have a legal claim to.

Have a quick look through this :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html?garpg=2 Good luck in your claims

Finally i had a claim against GE. This will make you chuckle and show you how incompetant they are http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/62561-parkvale-g-e-money.html .

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

lol that is great ur link! i hope its as easy for me! ive sent off my 2nd letter to them now so ill wait patiently.i think something should be done tho about these companies who have no intention of turning up at court and are just using the whole process as a delaying/scare tactic .theres one judge in lincoln who threw some banks out of court saying they had 7 days to confirm they would turn up on the day or the judgement would be automatically given to claimant!! they should all do that!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

archer 66,

Just be patient and you will get your charges back. :rolleyes: There is alot of help available on this great site. So ask if your not sure about anything. Onwards and upwards now. wave.gif

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

yes i have to keep reminding myself that all the work is worth it.ive got loads of claims going at once and have to keep a record when everyones time is up to reply!!!!:)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

archer 66

When you get your charges and interest back .You will know all the hard work will have been worth it. Ihave 3 claims running at the moment. One at court stage. They total together over £20k.I find a liitle tipple steadies your nerves.

beerchug.gif

oh god thats fantastic! imagine getting all that back! itll make your year.! im not sure how much all mine add upto as im still waiting on some statements from 3 credit cards! they dont rush themselves!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Just take your time .Get it right, and you shall reap the rewards action-smiley-033.gif

well ive had 2 letters off GE money and EDR their debt company today.theyve issued me a default notice for money owed and added £120 charges on top! so tueday i shall send them the next letter out and add the recent charges on top.! the amount they say i owe is the amount im claiming in charges off them.

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

just wondering ,when i file this into court should i use the template for the bank charges N1? are they relevant or do i need another one?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

archer 66,

N1 will be fine.Just out of interest, i presume this account is closed, because if the account is still open and is in dispute. They cannot issue a default on it.

no actually its still open? does this mean the default is invalid?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

archer 66.

Have a look at the consumer credit act sections 174, sections 77&78. Also if yor case went to court . It would not look very good for GE that they have placed a default on your account, whilst in dispute. http://www.passprotect.studio400.me.uk/Consumer_Credit_Act_1974.PDF

archer1966,

Spotted this, might interest you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=12&a=74