Kingmils vs MBNA

kingmils
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just completed my claim with MBNA(Abbey Credit Card).

They received my letter requesting my sar. posted on the 15th Jan.

I received confirmation on the 23rd Jan (looking in to it.)

I then received a long bla bla bla letter from them on Fri 16th Feb. providing me statement copies from Jan 01 - DEC 01, and a list of charges from Jan 02 - present. Total charges £734. But they said they would like to credit my account with just £320. I called them yesterday morning saying thank you i will accept but i would like to claim the rest and do not want them to credit my account. Read my notes below:

16.02.07: Received letter from MBNA/ABBEY

19.02.07: Monday called them on 08000 683 558 automated transfer to fee section spoke to Olu in Customer Satisfaction and She said I need to put it in writing that I am not happy to have credited the £320.00. She also said that if I have a balance then it is unlikely that they will issue a cheque. I never asked her for a Cheque. I then went on to tell her that I have further statements pre Jan and I wish to pursue a claim that far back and that my letter does not request the last 6 years. She went on to say that if I have a number she will make note of the conversation and pass it on to the relevant department and ask me for a contact number. I then ask her to ask whoever was dealing with the case to maybe call me so that we can best resolve the matter without going any further.

19.02.07: Emma Mole called me said she is calling in regards to a call back request I had left earlier. Then went on to say if I not happy with £320. Why? I then ask for full amount prior to Jan 01 she mentioned statutory of limitations act would not allow me prior to the six years and offered me the full amount according to her which is £734. I asked her to include interest = £883. She said yes and would send a cheque. I also requested her to send it in writing what been agreed.

19.02.07: Spoke to Graham on same number at 4.20pm. Asked to speak to Emma Mole.

He said he would email her now. 2 Min's later she called me and asked what my concerns are, I told her that I have been reading up on limitations act and believe I am entitled and that I am also entitled to contractual interest and could she tell me what the contractual rate is that I can claim. She said before her first call to me she already had worked all figures out and that the 8% standard rate is £199 and that the contractual interest is £892.65 and that she was happy to now offer me all three amount charges. Charges plus 8% interest plus Contractual interest = £1826.61. I asked to too have my defaults removed and she spoke to me for about 5 Min's saying why they can’t do that. They will send the cheque within 10 days.

AWAITING CHEQUE HOWEVER CASE WON******

I hope this helps.

Well done!

It is unsual to get both statutory interest AND contratual interest. So your charges were £320 and you are now expecting £1826.61! wow!!!!!!

I hope you keep bugging them until you get the chq!

I am waiting for MBNA to reply to my SAR. Lets hope it will be starightforward! Maybe I should start my own thread...:D

HI MBK,

Yes it should be quite simple.

They seemed helpfull from the point when emma mole called me.

My charges were actually £734 but they offered £320 when they sent me my list of default charges.

i called them to accept the amount but told them i will pursue the remainder and they took my tel number. THAT WAS IT!!!

I was impressed with my self.

Good luck and if you need help send me a message.

Thanks Kingmils....

I have a feeling I will need alot of help!:D Thanks for your offer of help!

If my claim is as easy as yours I will be more than happy. I have no idea how much my charges are...I don't think they will hit the £500 mark....but u never know!

I have just completed my claim with MBNA(Abbey Credit Card).

They received my letter requesting my sar. posted on the 15th Jan.

I received confirmation on the 23rd Jan (looking in to it.)

I then received a long bla bla bla letter from them on Fri 16th Feb. providing me statement copies from Jan 01 - DEC 01, and a list of charges from Jan 02 - present. Total charges £734. But they said they would like to credit my account with just £320. I called them yesterday morning saying thank you i will accept but i would like to claim the rest and do not want them to credit my account. Read my notes below:

16.02.07: Received letter from MBNA/ABBEY

19.02.07: Monday called them on 08000 683 558 automated transfer to fee section spoke to Olu in Customer Satisfaction and She said I need to put it in writing that I am not happy to have credited the £320.00. She also said that if I have a balance then it is unlikely that they will issue a cheque. I never asked her for a Cheque. I then went on to tell her that I have further statements pre Jan and I wish to pursue a claim that far back and that my letter does not request the last 6 years. She went on to say that if I have a number she will make note of the conversation and pass it on to the relevant department and ask me for a contact number. I then ask her to ask whoever was dealing with the case to maybe call me so that we can best resolve the matter without going any further.

19.02.07: Emma Mole called me said she is calling in regards to a call back request I had left earlier. Then went on to say if I not happy with £320. Why? I then ask for full amount prior to Jan 01 she mentioned statutory of limitations act would not allow me prior to the six years and offered me the full amount according to her which is £734. I asked her to include interest = £883. She said yes and would send a cheque. I also requested her to send it in writing what been agreed.

19.02.07: Spoke to Graham on same number at 4.20pm. Asked to speak to Emma Mole.

He said he would email her now. 2 Min's later she called me and asked what my concerns are, I told her that I have been reading up on limitations act and believe I am entitled and that I am also entitled to contractual interest and could she tell me what the contractual rate is that I can claim. She said before her first call to me she already had worked all figures out and that the 8% standard rate is £199 and that the contractual interest is £892.65 and that she was happy to now offer me all three amount charges. Charges plus 8% interest plus Contractual interest = £1826.61. I asked to too have my defaults removed and she spoke to me for about 5 Min's saying why they can’t do that. They will send the cheque within 10 days.

AWAITING CHEQUE HOWEVER CASE WON******

I hope this helps.

Wow, what a result! Good luck to you! You might like to know that you have achieved a certain hero status/noteriety, I have seen a link to this thread somewhere else on the site!

What a star! Well done!:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Nick200, I am just about to read your thread.:)

Kingmils, I have had a reply to my SAR from MBNA. I am afraid their response reads, smells and looks like a standard reply!! Short and sweet!!

The contents of the letter are on my thread (MBK vs MBNA). No doubt you will get a reply in the next few days. I wonder if it will be identical???

MBK.

Kingmils wots the secret as I am at LBA stage ( collect fees and intrest ) and it expirys today. Rang yesterday and promised a letter by today or tommorrow at latest. I'll beleieve it when i see it.

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

Nick200, I am just about to read your thread.:)

Kingmils, I have had a reply to my SAR from MBNA. I am afraid their response reads, smells and looks like a standard reply!! Short and sweet!!

The contents of the letter are on my thread (MBK vs MBNA). No doubt you will get a reply in the next few days. I wonder if it will be identical???

MBK.

Hey Nik, Sorry i have been away for a few days. when you say you have had a reply from your S.A.R. do you mean that they have sent you a breakdown of charges list. As that is what they sent me! and an offer of £320. but the charges totalled over double that amount. So i just called them on the Monday. Have a look at my thread again to get the full content of conversation. It was really very easy and stress free.:-D

They have allready put the monies in my current account as i asked them to.

Kingmils wots the secret as I am at LBA stage ( collect fees and intrest ) and it expirys today. Rang yesterday and promised a letter by today or tommorrow at latest. I'll beleieve it when i see it.

Hi Interctiyman,

I just asked them to calculate it for me and she very kindly said she had allready done the calculations and that included Charges, 8% interest and Contractual Intrerest. ALL THREE!!!

I could not believe it neither!

• 1 month later...

Hey K:)

Thought I'd pop over:cool:

Lots to read ;) so when I've finished with HSBC, I'll definately check out MBNA I must admit I have a few probs with them.

Probably will send you a pm when ready:?: you seem to have them under manners :D

See ya later

Hey Mrs Abs,

You following me around! LOL

yep this one was a Quick win for me. I suppose if i am true to myself I am still surprised!!!

But hey I suppose I was one of the lucky ones as I have read others having drama's.

And yes your welcome for any advice.

Speak again soon.