Kelley V's HSBC

kelley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Val, sorry Ive been ill last few days, just saw yr post an will have a nosey at that in the morning, has any one recieved a responce form Jugde Hickingbottom with regards to the n244's???

Kelley

Hiya Val, sorry Ive been ill last few days, just saw yr post an will have a nosey at that in the morning, has any one recieved a responce form Jugde Hickingbottom with regards to the n244's???

Kelley

hope you are feeling better kelley I am waiting for our clever Jenny to come up with the next letter draft for us, I don't think we should let this rest.! I am so surprised by the lack of numbers out of the 5/600 people form the 14th. we really need more support and there's still nothing mentioned on the MSE.

There is a quote from the good Judge Hickenbottom in the second of those two links... I disagree strongly :)

pete

exactly what a load of rubbish:mad: its all a set up if cases had been left in their own court instead of transferred to Cardiff, the banks probably would have settled most of them

probably has more fun ruling on sacred cows(Latty)

Like freaky has with sheep?? :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

So sorry its been a while since Ive ben here.

But well just one small question.

My case along with many others have been stayed..... no what Im wondering is, thebank have walloped my account the last few months with maximum charges each month of £150..... can I add these on to my case?

And if so how could and would I go about it?

Kelley

Hi Kelley, nice to see you back .............:)

Just add them to your schedule of charges , and let HSBC know what the revised amount is at a current date.

You can amend the court claim too, if /when it becomes necessary - for a small payment....

Gee whiz - welcome to you too olden - long time since we yakked eh? :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for that, will pull up all statements off the net tomorrow, and work out the rest of the charges.... I take it i send a copy to DG? with the amended shecdule of charges on? and leave the courts till when ever the cases are put back on track

Kelley

Just add them to your schedule of charges , and let HSBC know what the revised amount is at a current date.

You can amend the court claim too, if /when it becomes necessary - for a small payment....

Yes johnny it is, but I have had my finger on the pulse all along, following the OFT case every day. I am still mad as a hatter about not getting my money when I had got as close as 3 weeks to settling with Sharon Daboul ( I really think it would have unless she is very good at giving people that impression)

I have a few posts here and there, tez thread, MP response thread, etc.

Val

To change the amount of your claim you have to fill out a n244 (i think that's the one) and it will cost you to do so. Also by ammending your claim it puts it back to the initial filing stage.

You would be better off starting a new claim for the additional charges.

Actually you don't want to ammend your original claim at all.

Your original claim is for a period of time between X & X and that has not changed.

The additional charges do not relate to the same period of time so therefore you will have to start a new claim.

I was thinking freaky, that if you do two separate claims they'll use that as an excuse to close your account - 'due to a breakdown in relationships' or some such waffle....

Surely the timescale can be amended on the original to include the latest lot? I think it costs about £35 to amend court stuff - but I may be wrong ... it has been known, freaky! :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi all, when I altered my POC (due to an error on my part in my original SOC) I filled in a N244 (no charge as I am exempt). but this was all pre OFT - and of course repayment is still pending! but I think I would keep statements and await the result of OFT case on the next move to take before paying out any more fees to court, if they are applicable in your case. Some allowance surely must be given for people incurring more charges since the stay situation.

Wish the judge had ordered they not place futher charges on accounts :(

£750 in the last 5 months! and they wonder why people are in so much debt in this damned country!

OOOh Im so mad lol. I called the bank the other day asking why let some one go over the overdraft limit when thy dont hold the funds?

and they answerd because we care for our customers and think that if its a feesable amount to the running of the account we will allow it! bull its so they can charge you £25 for doing it!

in total, i had £65 over my limit, but with all my charges it cost me £150....

beggining to think Im a mug for continuing to hold a bank account,

Hi all, when I altered my POC (due to an error on my part in my original SOC) I filled in a N244 (no charge as I am exempt). but this was all pre OFT - and of course repayment is still pending! but I think I would keep statements and await the result of OFT case on the next move to take before paying out any more fees to court, if they are applicable in your case. Some allowance surely must be given for people incurring more charges since the stay situation.

That was what I meant smutley, - keep the overcharges updated , but let HSBC know the clock is still ticking (with a current balance copy of the SOC) and wait until the court gives some direction on how to proceed after the 'Test Case' .

Kelley ,I know it's frustrating and :evil: :evil: - but it really is just a case of wait and see. Early on a couple of judges did order that no more (unlawful) charges should be imposed , but 'somehow' it got ignored from then on.......... :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

I wouldn't reccomend ammending the charges on this claim. I will seek futher advice though.

It is ok to ammend details of a case due to a mistake on the original POC's but I think the case will revert to the original just filed status which then allows the bank 28 days to respond etc.

thinking back on my oral stay fiasco hearing, the judge actually said that he was not able to stop the bank charging anymore fees, but of course these would be repaid (if the outcome was successful with OFT case). xxx;)

If you amend your claim as Freaky says the court fee is not recoverable because the court view it as a correction of error but if you start a second claim the court fees are recoverable and when DG start to negotiate you can negotiate the two claims together.

Also amendments do put you back to square one time wise because you could have amended anything and the bank has to have time to reply.

pete