• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank Charges BOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick fed up of pussy footin' around. When can we call a spade a spade. Greed is greed whether it's Barclays or BOS or any other one of the big boys. Let the law decide if we are wrong. They seem to live in a cacoon, protected by the law while they rip us off, unlawfully.

Gimee! Gimee! Gimee! ma cash after midnight!

didn't think you'd get it.. .. .. ..Hope no kids are reading this but .. .. .. ..

.. .. ..I AM SANTA!!!! :rolleyes:

Naughty! I was talking about age mate. Funny wife smiled there!;)

Naw seen it last night just incensed with banking atitude. Need a Good kickin that lot. Sooner the better. Hate greed. Been brought up to look after my family 1st and friends second. All values have gone out window. Guess the high street banks feel the same, so rip us off. Government to blame no matter how we look at this prob. They set up the conditions after all. Any way I prefer the light hearted approach to these matters.

May get serious if it gets out of hand but hey! up the revolution.

I always find it is better not to take these things personally, They have made it there business to sluice away our money, and now we are in the business of getting it back.

I have seen a few people lose the plot on here, reading too much into the banks responses etc, taking everything personally (they end up making mistakes and the banks pick up on it). It is best to stick to the well trodden path to get your own back.

So i agree, the light hearted approach is definetely best ;-)

Thats me for another day.................All the best!

Ok Steve. Thanks for input again. Guess I can't help getting emotional at this whole carry on. I feel for the kids who can't get out of this mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Lba sent last Friday. Got a standard entitled to 8 weeks blah! blah! letter yesterday. Filed it under, Who cares? not my problem. 8 days to go and getting ready for court. Hope they fight it. I did a cost analysis on the materials for a charge letter and it came to under 50p so with a computer generated letter they must be paying their staff in the region of £76 an hour to justify their costs. Nope I don't think so.

Hi cascade,

When I claimed against bos I received all the same letters as yourself but just before the 8 weeks was up I received a phone call from them making me an offer. The offer was for £1,000 but as I asked for £1,570 I politely said yes I would accept the offer but as I had already filed court papers I would be going after the remaining amount, when he heard this the guy then offered me £1,500 plus the costs. I accepted the amount because it was the first claim and I was a little bit daunted by going to court. After 3 more claims I have realised that the banks will never go to court and I should have held on and received my interest as well. You live and learn don't you.

If they behave in the same way with you I would expect a phone call from them so be ready for it.

My sons claim is roughly at the same position as yourselves and I have told him what to accept nothing less. His papers are in court on the 16th May so I expect him to receive a phone call before then. His eight weeks are up at the end of April so we shall see what happens then

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck.

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your advice and encouragement. I have absolutely no intention of giving BOS 8 weeks. I intend to stay in control, as much as I can, of the timeline. The bank has until April 13th to settle in full. If not I intend to file in Kirkcaldy Sheriff court, April 16th, for a summary cause for the full amount and no doubt with judicial interest to boot. Hope your son's claim goes without a hitch and he gets his cash back. I'll keep all informed of my progress and If any one has went through Kirkcaldy Sheriff court I would be grateful to hear how they got on.

cascade

Hi Cascade,

Did you see the program on bbc1 this morning, I started watching it late but what seems to be happening is that some barrister down south is taking Nat West to court for his charges. Apparently N.W. offered this guy all his charges back, (£2,500) when he said no they offered him £4,000 and he still said no. He maintains that N.W. made a profit from him and as the charges where unlawfull he wants the bank to justify their charges. What might happen is that he could be classed as a vexacious litigant and the case could be thrown out of court and if that happens he could be disbarred. The guy seems to be taking a big risk and could lose his licence to practice. It will be interesting to hear what happens and if anybody hears anything it will be good if you could post it on this site and let us all know what the outcome is. I sincerely hope that he wins because he is taking a big risk for himself.

Hope you all have a nice easter weekend.

Eileen

I agree with the principal of the argument. Is any one willing to take the banks to task?. can't afford it. Would love to do it. Why doesn't CAG as an organisation, (public) force the issue with the banks? with our financial support. I.e. let's set up a fund. let's set up a seperate fund for taking on the banks. Set it up CAG

WOW!!!!!! Here we go. About time for big butt big kick! My support all the way. I'll give for this cause. No mouth all action. Let's see.

Hi Cascade,

I would definately give to this cause as well. I have another son who is just starting the process and any help that we can get all the better. It is a pity that the sheriffs dont read these sites because they would then realise that the banks are just playing silly buggers. They always pay up eventually.

The banks really are the lowest of the lowest.

Eileen

Well Friday beckons and no response from BOS. Guess it's going to the wire. I am holding a very steady hand in front of me, no shakes ,honest!. Cool Customer! Lol!.

I am claiming £396.00 in charges with compound interest at contractual rate (29.80%)= £765.25, total = £1,161.25. I worked this out on a spread sheet. Seems a lot. Does this seem about right going back 5years. Don't want to go to court and find calculations are all wrong. Hand a wee shaky now!. Any advice?.

Thanks stevokenevo. Feel better now. No response from bank in post and no phone calls. Guess they like getting taken to court. Off to court on Monday to file for summary cause. He! He!