Worried!

draver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just gone through my personal and business bank statements on my HSBC accounts and find that I have been charged £2826.5 in the last 6 years!

I am unfortunately heavily in debt to HSBC. I have a business bank account with a loan of around £24k and a personal loan of around £12k. Can they just pull the plug on loans at their fancy or am I protected? I really would like to take them on but am a little concerned about the consequences!

Advice and encouragement would be appreciated

draver

Halifax Data Protection Act sent 17/05/06:)

breach of DPA will send statements

A&L Data Protection Act sent 17/05/06:)

statements received 23/06/06

request £477 + £91.99 10/07/06:)

York' Bank DPA 17/05/06:)letter back 24/05/06

breach of DPA court letter 10/07/06

HSBC £2776.50 not started:mad:

I've just gone through my personal and business bank statements on my HSBC accounts and find that I have been charged £2826.5 in the last 6 years!

I am unfortunately heavily in debt to HSBC. I have a business bank account with a loan of around £24k and a personal loan of around £12k. Can they just pull the plug on loans at their fancy or am I protected? I really would like to take them on but am a little concerned about the consequences!

Advice and encouragement would be appreciated

draver

I have similar concerns but according to advice I received on the forum so far, nobody has had the bank call in on them. Advice given to me was to have a contingency in place (easier said than done, I know). To give myself confidence, I am starting with those I owe little or no money to. I have also opened a new bank account with NatWest just in case. Maybe somebody else on here can give you further advice. I was told that the Office of Fair Trading would take a very dim view of the bank pulling the plug in retaliation. My father is in the Financial Services Industry and he said "go for it", and if they start being heavy handed, go to the press aswell (FT, Tony Hetherington in the Mail on Sunday is also a hero), they are not going to want that type of publicity. My Dad's words were "they cannot blackmail you for taking lawful action against unlawful charges". I don't know if this is of any comfort, I hope that others will come to your aid too!!!!

Good luck :)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi draver - welcome aboard

Whilst many banks have closed standard accounts 'in retaliation' for customers reclaiming their money, I don't believe I have read anywhere of banks calling in loans.

They would need much more of a reason than being upset in order to do so -you have a loan agreement that shows repayments and timescales whereas a bank account has a readily available plug they can pull at will.

Hope these two posts give you a little confidence !

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the advice. I have deceided to pursue my claim against HSBC and against three other banks. I will be starting with the Halifax, Alliance and Leicester and Yorkshire Bank.

cheers

draver

Well done draver.

I would help us, and yourself ultimately, if you could start new threads for each claim when you get started with them.

Best of luck

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks