Why do you name your DCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Feel free to jump all over me for this:

It seems a tad silly to me that everyone is naming their DCA agency and givi8ng fairly precise details.

DCA's do monitor this site.

DCA's can take the details given and work out roughly who the user is.

For example:

USERNAME: mochamoo

DCA: LOWELL

OWES TO: BARCLAYS

AMOUNT: 5000

DCA can take this info work out roughly who I would be, the more info say the person they spoke to, days and times of calls, can also be tracked and the closer they would get to knowing who is on here and what the user is planning to do.

Surely it would be better to not name the DCA to make it that teensy weensy bit harder to track???

Feel free to jump all over me for this:

It seems a tad silly to me that everyone is naming their DCA agency and givi8ng fairly precise details.

DCA's do monitor this site.

DCA's can take the details given and work out roughly who the user is.

For example:

USERNAME: mochamoo

DCA: LOWELL

OWES TO: BARCLAYS

AMOUNT: 5000

DCA can take this info work out roughly who I would be, the more info say the person they spoke to, days and times of calls, can also be tracked and the closer they would get to knowing who is on here and what the user is planning to do.

Surely it would be better to not name the DCA to make it that teensy weensy bit harder to track???

You have a point but when the edited see the expert advice given on here it must pee them off big style. I hate them all

It's also through people naming these DCAS on here that a lot of new users find out about this site too.

Just do a google search for Capquest or Mackenzie Hall and you will see what i mean, thats exactly how i found this site.

does it matter!:rolleyes:

DCA's do not have any legal rights anyhow.

sure they are just doing their job, but.

at the end of the day, they are just human telephones chasers.

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

plus we put these details on

1 - to let them see we are fighting back

2 - to let them KNOW we are NOT afraid of them anymore!!!!

Come get me you sons of Bi****s

I am waiting!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

i changed my username recently as i read on here not to put your real name, i suppose it's a good idea to be careful, but in my case i dont mind if the DCA knows i've reported them to OFT etc (they'll soon find out anyway) when they questioned me on the phone why i wanted a CCA i told them i was taking advice from the Consumer Action Group, i was proud to let them know i use this site and if they look they might learn something (maybe a lot of staff at DCA's dont have a clue re; the law) i think this site is earning itself quite a fantastic reputation:D but i take note of what you are saying and i've advised all my friends not to use their real name and home town etc.:)

I couldn't give a nuns chuff if x y and z from whatever DCA read this!

Naming these people sticks them on the top of the google list, thus educating people as to their questionable conduct.

Providing people don't post their entire legal defence on these boards, then I can't see it doing more harm than good.

N.B Kenny take a valium mate.

lol sorry

but 4 weeks ago i had no confidence in these issues, and now i am armed with knowledge thanks to everyone on here

*stands up and applaudes to each and every one of you*

and now i feel i can fight these people and win!

• Haha 1

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

its amazing how this site has turned us around from intimidated scared little (no insult intended) people to people who stand up for themselves and others, and are no longer hiding from those monsters - don't know how they can do that sort of job and sleep at night.:p

I think it is important to name the DCA and the nature of the problem but DO NOT say the EXACT creditor name and amount of money

eg dont say I owe £1,347.23 to Halifax

say "I owe over £1000 for a bank loan"

otherwise the can and will search their system and find you.

Guest Alison82

So what if they can spot who's who, they are the ones in thre wrong, they are the ones who should be worried, we have the law on out side!!!

Personally, I can't see how it makes a difference. They can either comply with your request... or they can't. If they can't, then they lose.

:)

That's more or less what I was going to say.

If you look around these threads, the overwhelming majority are from people who have been badly treated or harrassed by DCA/DPC. They are the bad guys here, not the people posting.

Now, to see a thread saying "I've borrowed 2.5K from XXXX Bank last June, and now I don't want to pay it back......" that's a different matter!!!

all the best.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

So what if they can spot who's who, they are the ones in thre wrong, they are the ones who should be worried, we have the law on out side!!!

If they know you are about to apply for CCA they can start getting the details before you even send them the letter.

I do believe you should stand up to them 100% I Believe we should kick their butts!

Some of the posts in this section of the forum are, in my opinion, too personal and make it too easy to be traced. Stand up to them up dont give them your war plan. I am just saying to take a few details out, cover your behind so you can kick theirs!:D

does it matter!:rolleyes:

DCA's do not have any legal rights anyhow.

sure they are just doing their job, but.

at the end of the day, they are just human telephones chasers.

dx100uk;)

Hi

Could you explain your comments a bit more. Do we have to pay DCA's any fees if our debt gets passed to them. What powers or rights do they have?

thanks

Steve

The more DCA's, bailiffs and other companies which act outside the law that are named and shamed on this site, the better, as far as I'm concerned. It empowers people to see others taking these companies on and gives them the impetus to do the same. I've certainly learned a lot.

Yes, people do have to be careful not to give out personal information that can be used for ID fraud etc., it also empowers people to see they are not the only ones who have/have had debt problems and helps them to see a way out. It also helps them to see it has not all been their fault.

So, IMO, keep naming and shaming. The DCA's are now using all sorts of methods to contact people (see MBNA phoned my neighbours ) so I can't honestly see how this site will help them to find people. If anyone is worried about this, don't put your area down - just "South East" or similar.

Rant over x

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

i'm well after Lowell and they will get punished in my case.

they have seriously abused the law on my account.

I look forward with interest to seeing them pay. I am at the minute handing them out coils of rope with which to hang themselves with. So far all they have done is tie themselves in knots with it.

Who on earth works for people like this

The more DCA's, bailiffs and other companies which act outside the law that are named and shamed on this site, the better, as far as I'm concerned. It empowers people to see others taking these companies on and gives them the impetus to do the same. I've certainly learned a lot.

Totally agree

Yes, people do have to be careful not to give out personal information that can be used for ID fraud etc., it also empowers people to see they are not the only ones who have/have had debt problems and helps them to see a way out. It also helps them to see it has not all been their fault.

I started this thread because I am concerned over people giving out so much information. I do not want to see anyone on this site get stung by dca/bank/mortgage company, I am cautious by nature, and Iam all for getting these companies. i feel that a little less info on the threads will still lead to us sucess but without any possible risks of it going wrong.

Totally agree

I started this thread because I am concerned over people giving out so much information. I do not want to see anyone on this site get stung by dca/bank/mortgage company, I am cautious by nature, and Iam all for getting these companies. i feel that a little less info on the threads will still lead to us sucess but without any possible risks of it going wrong.

I can't see there being any problem at all, and sometimes detail is needed to give correct advice. At the end of the day if they are acting within the law and you are also then there is no problem. But I would ask that everyone refrains from using derogatory language at a company or employee and also they do not use their own names.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hmm ... quite hard to have that level of self-restraint when someone has verbally abused you down the phone, but I do see your point!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Interesting and amusing post!! Made me laugh loads at the varied responses etc..

I can honestly say - I have put up with a lot over a long time from certain DCA's and am truly on the war path after some!!!

I don't see why these companies shouldn't be named and shamed. I am sure many here will agree that these companies "see what we want or will allow them to see" - there is much goes on behind the scenes than what is shown here.

YES they are reading here - Let's just hope they are learning from what they read here!!

The other point in many of us writing "I had a problem with **** - I INTEND TO DO **** to solve the problem" and so on is actually useful to the many guests we have visit the boards who never post (for what ever reason they have not to post here) - so it does help others to sort similar problems out and maybe give hints how to deal with certain things? Personally - it's those people I like to try and help out.

6 months ago I would never have dreamt I wouldn't have tackled the big companies that I have approached with Bank charges etc.. - let alone defend myself against a DCA - so that's a big change for me too!! Thanks to CAG and the lovely people I met here!! :D

It's what this site is about - helping each other out and making a difference!! It's nice to see the varied tactics and advice here - allows us all to create our own paths in how we deal with things and so on? 8-)