BankFodder BankFodder

bobbarker1972

Here I come Barclays

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After my success with Natwest, Let the games begin. Number 1 Barclaycrad, here I come.:)

01.03.07 SAR Letter Sent

17.03.07 Statemente Received ( But only from June 2004, as before that are stored on microfilm????? and will take approx 6 weeks to get here, I am claiming for June 2004-Feb 2007 £624.00, as the first part of the claim.)

17.03.07 1st Letter Sent Total claiming £624.00

30.03.07 Letter received offering £276.00 paid into account, Thats it

31.03.07 LBA due to be sent today.

31.03.07 LBA Senr-Rejection letter to be sent Monday.

04.04.07 Rejection Letter Sent

13.04.07 Letter from Barclaycard- Basically bugger off your not getting another penny.

All advice welcome.

Claiming £624.00

Barclaycard have today sent me a letter, the day before I was to send the LBA they are paying £276.00 into my account, and thats it as it is the difference between the charge and the £12.00 recommended by the OFT.

Please advise what I should do next I dont want £276.00, I want £624.00. Should I still send the LBA tomorrow ??????????????

HELP.:(

Ok now i am getting concerned that it is all going to go pear shaped.

I understood the ruling by the OFT had been delayed and that it would not effect those who had already submitted their claim

so i will be looking here to see what response you are going to get, and see if someone knows the answer

Whatever the OFT say, when they actually get round to saying anything, won't make any difference. A ruling, decision, guidance, call it what you will, does not change the law.

See here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

and then send the LBA.

Thanks Michael, So can I just check i will send the rejection letter tomorrow and the LBA or just the rejection letter then after the seven days send the LBA ????? Thanks

I'd send the LBA tomorrow as you had planned. Then send the rejection letter on say Monday, on the basis that you received their offer letter after you had sent the LBA.

I have just sent the LBA Today, Will send rejection letter on Monday.

HI

Can I ask you for some advice re this please - you state you have done this claim as the FIRST part of the claim as they have only provided you with data from 2004 onwards. I received my data this am and again only from 2004 on - am I best to wait for the rest of the data (which could take up to six weeks) or to do two claims? If yes to two claims what is the correct wording for the prelim to ensure I can still claim for 2004 backwards once I receive data?

Many thanks

miavega :)

NatWest Bank charges

01/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

06/10/06 Statements arrived

17/10/06 Prelim letter sent claiming £929

23/10/06 Bog off letter received

25/10/06 LBA sent

01/11/06 Second bog off letter received

MBNA Credit Card

17/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) + £10 cheque sent

26/10/06 Letter telling me they will respond by Nov 16th

Yes I am claiming the 624.00 first and any other charges when the rest of the staements arrive. Look at the rejection letter under jonni2bad.

HI thanks for reply - I have searched under jonni2bad for the rejection letter but can't find anything - would it have been in a barclays thread?

Sorry to hassle you but want to make sure I don't jeopardise my claim by doing it wrong!

miavega :)

NatWest Bank charges

01/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

06/10/06 Statements arrived

17/10/06 Prelim letter sent claiming £929

23/10/06 Bog off letter received

25/10/06 LBA sent

01/11/06 Second bog off letter received

MBNA Credit Card

17/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) + £10 cheque sent

26/10/06 Letter telling me they will respond by Nov 16th

HELP,HELP

Letter from Barclaycard (Arvin Mistry) today saying basically bugger off, £276.00 of the £624.00 is all you are getting, and also when customers break their terms and conditions with them, they recover their costs, and they are not prepared to consider any further refund.

And that this has clarified Barclays position.

Any ideas what I do next, or is that the end ??????:(

The LBA 14 days runs out tomorrow Sat 14th. Thanks