Claiming a second time around

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all..

Ive claimed against the halifax once before, and now im claiming again.

After i claimed last time, i removed the extra money after the account had been fully paid off and then phoned up and asked for all direct debits to be removed from the account (I did not want to close it at this time, i was keeping as a backup account). So to my knowledge this account had a balance of £0 and no money going in or out.

4 months later, being today (The previous all happened in November of last year), i get a phone call telling me my account is £180 over its agreed overdraft which is £100. So obviously thats £280 of charges in 4 months. I hadnt looked at my account or had anything to do with it since the cancelling of the debits. So i told the girl this (She was by far the most arrogant, annoying, stupid person i have ever talked to from halifax) and she told me it makes no difference i still HAVE to pay this debt today or my account will have a default put on it immediately. Now i kewn there is no way they are able to put a default on my account having only told me about the debt once. I told her this and she then blabbered on about how she will give me 1 week. I told her i wont be paying within a week as i will be making a claim against these charges. She tried then to be all smart again and give me some law crap which i told her she was lying about and wont work.

It turns out that a direct debit from a company i have never heard of had been bouncing for 4 months causing £39 a time or something.

Ill be sending of my prelim letter saturday and starting the claim from there.

This might not all make complete sense, im in a bad mood about all this so my mind is elsewhere at the moment!

Halifax - Amount: £1093 and rising.

Prelim letter sent - 1st November.

Phone call made regarding

a different topic but i followed

up the prelim while on the phone - 8th November.

Phone call received with offer - 8th November.