Need advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hie,

I started my claim with Halifax for £121. What they charged me was £97 but as a direct result of that I was charged £12 x 2 by my Credit Card for failed DD and for late payment hence I was claiming it as well and gave my reasons. My problem now is Halifax called me and offered just the £97 and refused to pay the £24. I had to think quickly so I declined and said I wanted all of my claim or I will see them in court which will cost them more hoping to persuade her, unfortunately she stood her ground. Now my concern is do I have a leg to stand on if I continue to go to court? Help please I don't want to pursue the court thing if it means I will end up losing even the £97 as well as court fees.

Hie,

I started my claim with Halifax for £121. What they charged me was £97 but as a direct result of that I was charged £12 x 2 by my Credit Card for failed DD and for late payment hence I was claiming it as well and gave my reasons. My problem now is Halifax called me and offered just the £97 and refused to pay the £24. I had to think quickly so I declined and said I wanted all of my claim or I will see them in court which will cost them more hoping to persuade her, unfortunately she stood her ground. Now my concern is do I have a leg to stand on if I continue to go to court? Help please I don't want to pursue the court thing if it means I will end up losing even the £97 as well as court fees.

You will not be able to claim the 2 x £12 from the Halifax.

Or not without a great deal of effort, that would certainly muddy the waters.

What you are thinking is entirely logical, their actions caused you a financial loss, you ought to be able to claim compensation.

They would argue that they are not liable because it was not inevitable that that would happen. Say someone puts a stone on your wall, and someone else picks it up and throws it through your window, it is they that are liable, not the person who put the stone there in the first place.

• Haha 1

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hie,

You can not claim the other 2 charges from the Halifax, you need to reclaim them from your Credit card. You need to accept the cash from the Halifax and pursue the credit card company.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, I guess I have to eat humble pie and give them a call. Aren't Credit Cards "allowed" to charge £12? At least as far as the last review.

Noooooooo

That was a figure the OFT through into the ring as the upper limit above which they would get involved, but they made it clear that ultimately a judge would have to decide.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html