Sistersarah V Halifax.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all first post,Recieved my statements before christmas after a call to halifax had to wait a month before I recieved them.

Anyway sent my prelim letter on 22 Feb,recieved a letter this morning dated 23 Feb.Letter contained usual rubbish "Sorry your unhappy with charges debited from your account,we'll investigate and repond fully within the next 4 weeks."

When do I post my LBA,do I give them 14 working days excluding weekends?

Many thanx to everybody involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.My LBA was posted on March 8th by recordered delivery as yet no reply.

I'v also started a claim for my husband,I posted off his prelim on March the 5th but as yet haven't had any reply,but going to stick to the time table.

Going to swot up on the small claim court,good luck everybody!

Quick question,when I posted my LBA I never included a list of charges,should I forward a copy with a cover letter asap.Reading through the forum some people do and some don't.

Still no reply to my LBA posted on March 8th or to my partners prelim letter posted on March 5th,looks like the Halifax have taken to ignoring peoles letters.

Might give them a call today to see if they've recieved them.

Yes you should always send a copy of your spread sheet with your letters. So yes send it now with a cover letter. Better to be safe than sorry.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Phoned Halifax,lad I spoke to told me there was nothing on my complaint regarding my LBA letter posted on march 8th.He did tell me that there was a file dated the 13th but he didnt have access to it.

Will post list of charges asap and phone Halifax again the day before I begin my small claims procedure.

Just missed a phone call this morning off the Halifax,never left a contact number or said what it was regarding.But did say they would contact me by letter.Do you think this might be an offer?

Tempted to give them a ring and see what they say.

It could be. It might be worth a quick call and see. :D

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just spoke to a lady in customer relation,she was very nice.

They have made me an offer of £540 my claim against them is for £920,sh told me to wait for the letter then contact the person dealing with my claim direct to negotiate.

So things are moving in the rite direction,lets hope I can increase there offer when I phone.

Has anybody phoned and had there offer increased,how much did they increase it by?To be honest it would be nice to get this sorted before I have to file at the small claims court.

A lot of people get the full amout by haggleing at this stage. They normally ask how much you will settle for..... well durrrrr the full amount please:D

Let us know how you get on.

F&Q's... Read here

I,v won,gave the Halifax a ring and settled my claim over the phone.

Paperworks in the post should have the money in the next 14 day.

Just my partners to sort now LBA posted today by recordered delivery lets see if we can rap this one up just as quick.