Candice - v- HSBC

Candice27581
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started my claim on Wednesday 22 February 2007 I sent a letter together with a copy of my charges which I calculated through my access to 6 years statements through internet banking. I was sat until midnight reading this sight and all of the messages so marched my dog up to the post box at 1am Thursday 23rd February to post 2 letters, 1 to branch and 1 to leeds customer care centre.

I am waiting to see what is going to happen.

It is Wednesday 28th February today, they would not have received the letter until Friday 24th February so we will see what I have received back by Thursday 8th March if anything at all.

I am worried that with all of this advertising on TV and in the papers that everyone is going to be claiming and HSBC are just going to draw a line under it and pay out no more.

What does anyone else think - it would be just my luck!

Is anyone else at the same stage as me? Perhaps we could go through this together?

Candice :rolleyes:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they can't draw a line under it or they would have a year ago -

yes, the ground swell is increasing and because of it we can expect longer waits and tougher treatment. so, it is important not to be scared off by anything they say or do and also to get things right - so they can't argue.

one thing i think we should be telling newbies with hsbc -is they are getting very particular about charges over 6 years - the six years back goes from the date you file (so about 30 days forward from the first letter) any dates before that - they won't consider. also, the overdraft interest - if you are claiming it - must be done spot on - using vampiress' advanced spreadsheet.

welcome to hsbc land, we are a friendly bunch and there are new people every day, i'm sure you'll hook up with some buddies pretty quickly.

try to stay one step ahead on the step by steps - so read a lot more and get your lba ready to send off on 9 march. there's so much to tell - but i think the best advice is to just keep reading threads - everyone has the same questions - you'll find answers on threads faster than if you asked. but if something is bothering you - ask away. we are all helping each other. good luck

• Haha 1

Hi Candice! :)

I thought the same thing about all the advertising and stuff, but have asked a few people on here and they reassure me that there is nothing HSBC can do other than try to scare you off!

I am at the same stage as you just a few days ahead, sent my first letter (Prelim) off on 17th Feb and have my LBA ready to send off on saturday (2nd March). i have already recieved a letter from HSBC but is just there usual 'fob you off' letter ''we are looking into the matter... blah blah... signed colin langdale''. so once, or if you recieve this just ignore it and continue on with your claim and stick to your timetable.

Now i've just got to wait, send off LBA on saturday and see what happens next.

Good Luck though!!! :D

Brett

Hi candice

Having sent of my DPA letter on 6 Feb I have finally got my statements, so got to go through all of these now and find out total charges.

Did you include the interest that you had been charged as a result of the charges or not?

Also, dont know if anyone can advise, but been on internet account and found they are charging me £125.00 on 19march but doesnt give reason why, just a summary, should I include this as well?

This site has been a huge help, keep us posted on your position Candice!! and good luck x:lol:

tanya - don't include it on your prelim letter - but by the time you are doing the lba it will probably have been charged, then you can include it.

i see you have an abbey thread - are you claiming from hsbc? - if you are - start a new thread in this forum so we can find you and help you out when you need it.

Thanks guys - can't beleive that so many people are in the same position as me.

Anyway, I still have received nothing. After reading this forum until silly o'clocl this morning I have preped my LBA to send off on 7th March, I hope it doesn't have to go as far as MCOL as the thought of organising a bundle and preping the paperwork daunts me a little.

Good luck with yours Boris - be sure to let us know how you get on:)

tanya i think you have to onto the CAG page and introduce yourself in the welcome forum, then press onto the abbey bit and start a new thread at the to of that page

good luck with the abbey one too

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Netty please would you tell me how you have been getting on - i spent hours reading through your thread early hours this morning but it was getting late - I got to page 15 and had to pull myself away. Have you had a settlement yet?

hi candice....you should have started from the back page and moved backwards! lol

it was a marvellous day yesterday for a few of us bigger claimers -full offer received in the post yesterday aftenoon - minutes after i'd filed my AQ, so they've gotta cough up another £100 on top of my £6313. (rubs hands) lol

hi candice....you should have started from the back page and moved backwards! lol

it was a marvellous day yesterday for a few of us bigger claimers -full offer received in the post yesterday aftenoon - minutes after i'd filed my AQ, so they've gotta cough up another £100 on top of my £6313. (rubs hands) lol

Nice one! So when are they going to cough up th money and put it into your account. I have a claim for £2677.00 for my current account £766 from our joint account and £697 from my husbands current account. In a way you feel disappointed that it isn't more!!

Well done you - you really stuck it out, is it easier than it sounds? What is an AQ?

gets a bit 'hairy' at times, but if you don't skip out any bits and keep reading/posting/asking, the confidence is once again boosted and you feel like your'e on the 'right track' forgive the pun.

i wrote to dg today asking that a cheque be with me within 7 days or the aq fee gets added to the offer - we'll see. i genuinely think that dg hate me - i've been such a pain in the a**e as you will read - if you ever get that far on my thread haha... tis a bit long init lol

Well done

reading all of this does give me a lot of encouragement - one of my emplyees has been charged nearly £1000 in 4 months so on the ball for her now too!!!!

Well done - I am sure the banks are quaking in their shoes everytime they see another DPA letter x x x lol

this site is excellent - I will definately make a donatiion- if I win, also I will make my employee give one too !!!

Keep up all the hard work x x x

candice

AQ = Allocation Questionnaire

you'll get this when you've filed your claim and hsbc defend all the claim bless em'

the 'bundle' you were on about in an earier thread is way down the line and more than likely not needed so don't worry about that at this stage. you're doing fine

I have just completed the standard template you use on here for the charges ready to go off with my LBA - the amount has addes up differently, Ihave found an extra £400.00 - I know that this is because I have added February 2007 in it but I also seem to have missed a few charges before, does this matter. Also when sending the LBA do I add the interest. I am dying to add the interest as it puts such a huge amount on there!!!:lol:

you can add charges right up to filing your claim.

don't ask for the 8% interest until you file your claim.

double check you figures again - wouldn't do to miss any out.

overdraft interest - or the interest with a DR next to it is a different kettle of fish - don't just add that on - if you want to do o/d interest you need to be aware of what it is, how it is figured and be prepared to defend you claim to it. get back if you need help with it but whatever you do - don't just add it on - that would be incorrect.

so if your total is different from the first letter - just call it your "revised schedule of charges"

I had my letter from Mr Langdale today with the usual we are looking into it jargen...I enclose a leaflet which explains the process of this matter... but hey, guess what... there was no leaflet enclosed!

LBA ready to be posted tomorrow!

This man runs like clock work, so predictable getting a letter the day before my LBA is due to be sent - he seems to be working on the same timescale with everyone elses case on here so I can assumer that I will be registering with MCOL

i think that's how he's earning his money these days candice, stuffing envelopes.... he hasn't got time to investigate anything!!

• 2 weeks later...