Lloyds have dropped thier charges

lynzpower
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If this is true, then £6.65 would be FAR closer to a "reasonable" charge for a service under SOGAS, and FAR closer to a "legitimate pre-estimate of cost" under UTCCR. I'm not saying it's a fair charge; but with a number like £6.65, you can bet they've set it VERY carefully. I would also guess that they're making a SMALL profit on that, but not enough to get anyone's backs up. An amount like this would be FAR harder for us to justify claiming back in a courtroom under the current climate than the £25-£40 they've been charging up to now.

Guest Lueeze

They haven't updated their website though.......maybe someone can get confirmation in the post?

:D That is good news indeed! Oooo I bet the banks are scurrying round trying to find a way out without leaving egg on their faces and still make a profit. All the meetings they must be having ... my heart feels for them ... NOT :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Really?

But the link in the 'Bank Charges in Print" section has a quote from their CEO saying "We will fight the OFT decision...etc...."

Have they back-tracked that quickly?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I've just phoned them - they say it's still 30 odd quid. Mind you, it was an Indian call center - maybe Lloyds are saving more money by sending memos over by boat.

(This, despite attempting to phone a 0845 number from Skype for about 20 mins so that I could record it - gave up in the end!!!)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I was in LTSB today and had an enjoyable experience...a lady was at the counter trying to get a manager to talk to her about her charges. She explained that she had banked with them for many, many years and was disgusted to find that she had been charged a fee for going a small amount overdrawn when they could clearly see that her pension was due the day after. She was told that the charge was in line with the T & C's blah, blah. The lady asked if the charges were automated and the answer...YES. The bank staff were unhelpful as per usual and she didn't get to see a manager, and after 5 minutes of giving it her best shot she was just given a leaflet.

I announced rather loudly that she needed to pay a visit to BAG and proudly gave her the web address on the back of one of their paying in slips. Then some uninformed guy behind me in the queue made some comment about how the banks are just running a business...well, I enjoyed telling him a thing or two.

When I reached the counter I asked if they could confirm that they had reduced their charges having seen this thread earlier, the answer...NO

Oh I do hope LTSB don't see me as a trouble maker ;)

So my apologies for getting everyones hopes up....

Never mind. That'll be £35 for exceeding your agreed optimism limit, by the way. ;)

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks