gab v LTSB - HELP!

gab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just about to send off my letter requesting my charges for the last 6 years. I reckon that they amount to over £5k at least.

Please can someone advise of the correct place to send the letter?

Was going to post it to a po box on my cheque book.

Thanks in advance

Hi and Welcome!:)

I sent mine to:

FAO Penny Berryman, Senior Manager

Lloyds Bank PLC

Data Protection Dept.

Chiswell Street

48, Chiswell Street

London EC1Y 4X

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have all my copy statements and am not sure what exactly i should be claiming back. can i claim back all my account charges?

standing order, unpaid direct debit i know but how about just account charge of £5 of which there are many.

thanks in advance

i have just recieved all my copy statements and am adding up charges.

can i also claim back an account charge or just unpaid direct debits and standing order charges?

also, i think it is around the £5k mark, if it is over does that mean that i have less chance of winning as it wont be small claims?

thanks in advance

Yes you can claim for account charges ie; over draft usage fee .

"also, i think it is around the £5k mark, if it is over does that mean that i have less chance of winning as it wont be small claims?"

no you can still request that it goes though the small claim track.

read , read and more reading ....

Prem letter sent 26/2/2007:)

"bog Off" received 4/3/2007:mad:

LBA letter sent 9/3/2007:)

Money claim .com filed - 27/3/2007:)

Notice of issue received 29/3/2007

It depends if these are services charges - some accounts with lloyds ie; gold accounts have a service charges of around 7 pounds a month. you can not claim for these .

Prem letter sent 26/2/2007:)

"bog Off" received 4/3/2007:mad:

LBA letter sent 9/3/2007:)

Money claim .com filed - 27/3/2007:)

Notice of issue received 29/3/2007

• 1 month later...

Hey, am slightly confused on the claim for regarding the 8% interest.

Do i need to add another column and add 8% on since the date of the charge? do i then total that and add on to final amount?

is there a template that works out days since offence and what the 8% on that charge would be to date?

sorry, i have been reading but just not getting this bit.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See here for a visual guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it and print out as your schedule of charges.

• Haha 1

Hi Gab, after you have filed your claim with MCOL, wait until they have acknowledged your claim (Lloyds solicitors that is) then send a copy of your schedule of charges + interest to the solicitors. Make sure the schedule agrees with your claim. The interest figure on your spreadsheet (if you used one from here) will increase as the days go by so print off a few copies on the day you submit your claim ready to send off to Lloyds solicitors. You will also need to send off a couple of copies of your schedule to MCOL so make sure you do a few copies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I actually ended up using the one on 'moneyman' website and found it very simple. When i hear back from Lloyds do i then just send off my spreadsheet with interest that matches the figure i am claiming for or do i have to send new ones with the accrued interst at the daily rate of 0.0021%?!!

Hard to grasp, but i think i am getting there and happy that what i have submitted is so far correct. :)

thanks again

Hi Gab, after you have filed your claim with MCOL, wait until they have acknowledged your claim (Lloyds solicitors that is) then send a copy of your schedule of charges + interest to the solicitors. Make sure the schedule agrees with your claim. The interest figure on your spreadsheet (if you used one from here) will increase as the days go by so print off a few copies on the day you submit your claim ready to send off to Lloyds solicitors. You will also need to send off a couple of copies of your schedule to MCOL so make sure you do a few copies.

Think jowalshy explained this in post 4, have just highlighted it for you

XxXxX

;)

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• 1 month later...

Please help!

I filed on moneyclaim, have just had a letter today which is a 'transfer of proceedings' from Northampton county court to Wandsworth.

It sais to read accompanying docs carefully and then it mentions the allocation questionairre should be returned to wandsworth but this is crossed out.

attached to this is a 9 point defence by Lloyds.

Is this a standard letter and do i need to do anything or just wait for a court date????

:-|

thanks in advance

Thanks!

Sorry, i didnt mean to post in this section!

Will have a read but will wandsworth request one or should i send one anyway? do i just wait for a court date now?

Many thanks

Please help!

I filed on moneyclaim, have just had a letter today which is a 'transfer of proceedings' from Northampton county court to Wandsworth.

It says to read accompanying docs carefully and then it mentions the allocation questionairre should be returned to wandsworth but this is crossed out.

attached to this is a 9 point defence by Lloyds.

Is this a standard letter and do i need to do anything or just wait for a court date???? have read about the no AQ but am confused incase i should be sending something in or just waiting???

:-|

thanks in advance

Great, so do i just wait for a court date or i have read about a 'draft order for direction'. Should i send this?

I sent a copy of charges to the court, didnt send to SCM. Should i have? I read it was just to the court?

You read about the draft order and once you understand it, you then issue it.

Regarding the schedule of charges this is what you should have done.

As you filed using MCOL send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

that is exactly what i did. 2 copies asking they be filed with my claim.

i will read up about the draft order and then send.

thanks for your help