Sky, I just want to pay this months bill!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had to change my bank account due to the charges I am claiming back from the Halifax, and I have cancelled all my DD. I have set up almost all my direct debits back up with my new bank, but Sky's will not take effect until next month, so I want to pay them via my online bank, but when I call I have to wait ages on the phone, then I speak to someone in India who hasn't got a clue.

All I want is the sort code and account number of where to send the payment to, how hard is it to understand?

Does anyone here by any chance know the details I'm looking for. Thanks.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Sky's overseas support is a joke. You really need to get a Brit on the phone. Question is, how?? Well... I had a similar problem and below is how I sorted it.

Not an answer to your question, but this usually gets you through to someone who will bend over backwards to help you.

Next time you call, tell them that you are calling to cancel your contract. It works every time. It may be worth a try. :p

HTH

OB :)

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

you can try sky.com there may well be a link to the info you need.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

I would imagine you would have to make a debit card payment rather than a direct bank transfer.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I would imagine you would have to make a debit card payment rather than a direct bank transfer.

That is what I wanted to do, but they don't acept Solo.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Tell them it's a switch card, should go through.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

SKY Do accept solo! believe me but don't shoot me but I work there and we do cause I even pay by solo! India call centre is bad and WE do want rid of them. Give me a few moments and i'll try and get a freephone number for you.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks, will try tomorrow.

Ok if you phoneand get anyone saying no then ask to speak to supervisor cause SKy WILL take solo.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

dont do the option for going thru to cancellations as you will be on a longer queue. Basically cos no company wants to lose customers so they will hope that you hang up!! I suggest going via the option to upgrade your package. This will take you to customer services and normally in Dunfermline so you will speak to someone who is scottish. (how do i know? cos i work there too!)

Ahhh. The old I subterfuge trick eh. Works with BT as well. Phone their sales people. You'll very quickly get connected to a person in the UK.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Ahhh. The old I subterfuge trick eh. Works with BT as well. Phone their sales people. You'll very quickly get connected to a person in the UK.

I wouldnt phone sales people, normally they are on a bonus for each call they get that they make into a sale (and they are working folks like us) so if you call them they tend to get a bit hacked off, in any company, not just sky. However, customer services you get jack all for the calls that you take so it wont matter. And taking a payment from a customer is probably one of the easiest things possible! Even using skys horrible and unwielding computer system. If i win the lottery or my husband does Ill be able to have a life and give up this second job. That being said I enjoy it but would rather be out having a life at the weekend and not sitting listening to others doing that too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...