Halifax first response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

we submitted our claim to the Halifax just under two weeks ago and have received a response saying that they are sorry to learn that we are unhappy etc. and that according to the Financial Services Authority they have 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints - with an update of their progress in 4 weeks. As our two week deadline in our letter is up next Tuesday, do we proceed with the next part of the claim process or do we have to wait for the Halifax to take it any further? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Tom&jane

I sent my first letter to Halifax a week ago and got the same letter today, obviously it's a standard template letter. Having read around the site everyone seems to say we should stick to our original timetable - so that's what I am going to do.

I sent my first letter to Halifax a week ago and got the same letter today, obviously it's a standard template letter. Having read around the site everyone seems to say we should stick to our original timetable - so that's what I am going to do.

Hello everyone,

we submitted our claim to the Halifax just under two weeks ago and have received a response saying that they are sorry to learn that we are unhappy etc. and that according to the Financial Services Authority they have 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints - with an update of their progress in 4 weeks. As our two week deadline in our letter is up next Tuesday, do we proceed with the next part of the claim process or do we have to wait for the Halifax to take it any further? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Tom&jane

Hi Tom & Jane. I have had the same letter off them too. I have just asked the same question and having read the responses of other people it seems that the next step is to just issue according to the deadlines you have stated.

Good Luck. :)

Yep,standard letter.I recieved this to,read it,filed it and sent out LBA which they recieved today.So 14 days then proceeding with taking it to court if i get no response.You set the timescale not them.

I have left it to them to contact me,and have no intention of contacting them to chase this.They have my deadlines,so its there problem.

All the best:D

Halifax cashed my £10 fee but as yet have had no response from them.

I havent received any standard " sorry you're not happy " letter.

I sent the prelim letter on the 9th of Feb.Is this just some feet dragging going on :mad:

hi all

looks like we are all in the same boat with the hlaifax we got the same letter saying they have 8 weeks which is ture under FSA rules, however FSA do say that once the LBA is sent then it is no longer a complaint as we are starting legal action, and that they could close our accouts bring it on, so our LBA will be sent next week and the ball is in there court (no pun intended ) :)

will keep you posted

cheers

Paul & Lorraine

Well i'm counting down the days...only been 22 days since i sent the prelim letter,they got my tenner so its a waiting game.

And if Halifax closed my account it wouldnt be any loss...luckily i have a fall back account to switch to,but knowing Halifax and the bad karma we've had in the past they probably will.

As you say...Bring it on !! :smile: