I've been charged £420 today!!!!!

maddyrose1664
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Absolute b*****ds! That's me well and truly screwd this month then. It's too late to get my wages paid into another account. Takes my total owed by Nationwide to over £1200 - since September last year. Can't take them to court yet cos I've got no money. Great!

And me £320 mainly due to DDs. Unfortunately my wife was on SSP for two months due to a work related accident and her wages dropped to £60 per week. Plus getting done £110 last month for bounced DDs. We are just getting back on our feet and now £320 off my account at the end of the month which means more DDs may bounce due to insufficient funds. A right merry go round! Luckily everything is paid up to date so at present there are no arrears, but next month may be a different story.

They are a complete nightmare aren't they? I'm in the poo anyway but they've made things 100 times worse for me now. Hopefully the Halifax will pay up soon and that will relieve some of the tension.

BTW the charges are for them not paying my DD's so more charges to follow I expect. Joy.

Not being funny, but they charged me over £800 in one month! My wife has a maximum on her account with HSBC of £100.00 in charges. They are absolute B*****ds. Every sympathy with you. You have to live and put food on the table! There is no human side to banking any more, only something that rhymes with it!!!

Don't forget you can cancel a direct debit or two, to prevent getting charges.

Then reinstate them the following month or so when your situation improves.

The bank do not charge to cancel or commence them.

And unless you cancel your mortgage payments, the company that that you cancel the d/d on, do not charge. Admitted you still owe them that months' payment, but yoy have avoided the swingeing bank charges. They won't have to wait too long to be repaid either if you claim all your charges back from the bank too.

• Confused 1

Hi There,

i had a similar problem this month in that £170 was due to be taken out of my account yesterday. when i recieved the statement at the beginning of May i wrote to the head office and asked them to not take out the charges because i couldn't afford it. they wrote back and said they would only take out £50 instead as a gesture of good will. as soon as you get the statement with the charges on write or go into your branch they can reduce the charges, this is the second time they have done it for me.

you have my sympathy i'm in the same vicious circle of unauthorised overdrafts and bank charges but i am going to fight, already sent the letter off to request the last six years charges, still waiting for reply. calculated this years though £600!!!

KEEP FIGHTING, THEY ARE THE ONES IN THE WRONG!!!!!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

• 3 weeks later...

I got a letter last Saturday saying that The Nationwide had paid all my charges back and stopped all the pending charges too. Problem is, they haven't! My account is still in the red!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I got a letter saying my charges had been refunded, which they had, and also my £120 costs had been refunded, which they hadn't. Rand them today, they say it will be paid tomorrow, but I haven't stopped the court action yet and if it's not in my account tomorrow as they say, I will ring them again to remind them of that. Suggest you ring the name on the letter and query it. Good luck!

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

I had the same thing but this went on for a few years.Anything upto £120 quid a week, mainly returned direct debits. When things start to spiral there is no stopping them. I was a single man trying to keep a house together for my son who comes to stay at weekends and occasional weekdays. After four years of scraping and borrowing to keep my head above water, I had no choice but to move back to my parents house.

This obviously wasn't very good as I am a 35 year old with a 13 year old boy in tow.

Nationwide well and truly screwed me over........

NOW ITS PAYBACK TIME ! ! ! ! ! ! !

1st letter sent Nationwide 18th june

Abbey National Data Protection Act Letter sent 26/6/06

reply 5/7/16 "wants proof of identity":confused:

Nationwide Data Protection Act letter sent 16/6/06

Reply 24/6/06 "statements to follow":shock:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After getting my charges refunded from Nationwide, they have, without warning, withdrawn our overdraft facility. How childish! Of course,we can't afford to pay it back (£831.48) in one go. They have sent loads of nasty letters but this one is hilarious.

Dear Mr & Mrs Maddyrose1664,

I'm disappointed that your account remains seriously in arrears and I can't allow this to continue.

You must contact me within the next seven days with an acceptable offer to repay the outstanding balance. If you don't, I'll refer your account to a debt collection agency.

Blimey, don't beat around the bush will you?!! How rude is that?

I've offered them £1 - same as all my other creditors.

Did they never close your account down then? You must have been one of the first to get your charges back and therefore escape account termination.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

After getting my charges refunded from Nationwide, they have, without warning, withdrawn our overdraft facility. How childish! Of course,we can't afford to pay it back (£831.48) in one go. They have sent loads of nasty letters but this one is hilarious.

Dear Mr & Mrs Maddyrose1664,

I'm disappointed that your account remains seriously in arrears and I can't allow this to continue.

You must contact me within the next seven days with an acceptable offer to repay the outstanding balance. If you don't, I'll refer your account to a debt collection agency.

Blimey, don't beat around the bush will you?!! How rude is that?

I've offered them £1 - same as all my other creditors.

I asked them for an OD extension once and they withdrew my entire 1000 pound overdraft in order to help me with my finances! (Not sure how this was meant to help, I was already penniless)

I set up a reducing overdraft with them and paid them a small amount back each month, have you suggested this to them? :)

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks