SKINTSCOT V HBOS over £2500

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well Hello everyone eventually after 2months from reading with keen interest I sent off my SAR and today at last recieved the last lot of statements. All mixed up with odd pages to the front and even to the back. What are they like!! Does not deter tho especially after the shock of what I'm owed. Off to the spreadsheets I go!! :smile:

Welcome skintscot...good luck with totting up your charges...the fun begins now :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Make sure you recheck as some can get missed first time around. (all the excitement..!):p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

:)

Make sure you recheck as some can get missed first time around. (all the excitement..!):p

I agree. I missed quite a few. I have also had other charges since writing my first letter and am going to be adding them on to the next letter I write.

Good luck. :) :) :)

Thanks alot guys for all the encouragement. Your all totally right added up on calculator first then on spreadsheets, alot less. gettin too excited.:rolleyes: Need to double check. How ever shocked at how much they have taken off me over the years. Started thinkin was only owed abt £600 now nearly 4 times that. There not getting away with this :-x

GO GO GO! Will keep posted.

OH does anyone know if I need to split this claim over £2200? Will also check forum. Thanks in advance!

hullo, have recalculated a lenthy 2 times and seems to be right so far, however I'm gettin cold feet because I now that court will be soon. Not gettin ahead of myself but sendin that letter with spreadsheet is fine then all the time of 2weeks till this and N1's that with county court judgements that, not to mention everyday life of now moving house and promotion, I'm starting to try sort out priorities too. AAAAAAHHHHH.

I'm confused,

Sending letter with spreadsheet, what have people experienced with this in general, I'm sorry heed's about to explode!!!!!

lol ME:confused:

Skintscot please try not to worry yourself. If you follow the process as explained over and over in this website you will be fine. Millions of pounds have now been successfully reclaimed by thousands of people just like you and me. Go ahead and send the letter and spreadsheet...Halifax have seen this hundreds of times, so they won't be treating your claim any different to anyone else's. It is just a matter of time before you get paid. As for the court question, don't worry to much about it. Halifax will settle before the court hearing. If you get a hearing before your move, you're sorted, and even if it's after your move, just be prepared for a trip to England (although it is highly unlikely that you'll need to go anywhere!)

If you have a mobile number that you will have throughout your move and after, make sure you use this number in any correspondence, so that they can reach you when they call to settle :)

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Crash, been readin up and checked out video on "moneysaving experts" which is really encouraging. So battle armour is back on and re-enforced:mad:

Spreadsheets done and letter hot off the press. So off to post recorded. wish me luck!!!!!!!

Thanks again will keep updated

Good luck, even though you don't need it! You'll be a pro soon, after all that reading :)

Crash

Hi and good luck to you im at the stage that i`ve sent my IM TAKING U TO COURT letter my head is bouncing with it all aswell but i phoned them yesterday to see about my claim told it was getting investigated by a very nice and poliye woman i may say and that somebody will be calling e either on or before the 19th of march to make me an offer so cant wait lol

:razz: Well its posted so 14days and countin!!!!! I feel much more motivated after just reading through this forum. Anyone reading this thread keep your spirits up its your money not theirs. :D fingers and toes are crossed now!!

What a refreshing change. A newbie who has done lots of reading and is getting a feel for the correct way to go. I take my hat off to you (and I've only been at it 3 months myself!!!!) All the best. Sally

Hi,

with me Bos paid up 2 days after they acknowledged the claim. ( 16 days after I posted it )

No letter just a deposit in my account.....I used the English courts as I was claiming almost £5000 and didn't want to break up the claim...........don't be nervous, it is a walk in the park.......I'm have now submitted a claim going back to 1995 for both personal and business accounts.....it's YOUR money......follow the instructions and wait

Roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi 95% confident about what im doing:-) i want to apply for it through the english court but dont have an english addy to get my papers sent to this is what is worrying me as i dont want to split the claim up people keep saying there is help on the site for it but i am reading through every day and have not ome across one yet i dont know anyone in england that could recieve the papers for me and after asking them for my £5264.00 back will not settle for anything less been at this since jan the longer it takes the more determined i get :) good luck to all.

I agree skintscot, it IS daunting but - stick to the procedure, do everything on time (if possible) and keep posting updates on the forum. I found it helped to make a list of the letters i sent etc along with expected response dates, action dates etc then you can just tick them off and move onto the next one.

You'll have no problem in getting your money it is YOURS after all - your just asking for it back - firmly ! Just stick to your guns and only accept the full offer (including interest if it goes to the court stage - it can add hundreds of pounds to your claim).

and when you get paid - you=:lol: your bank=:-x

its Soooooo satisfying

Good luck

Andy D.:D

Halifax: **Won**

HSBC: **Won**

Credit cards - NEXT

Hi,

I used Carlisle County Court, quite close to me and far from the head offices of the Banks!

Whether you use MCOL or an N1 you MUST have an English address for corespondance.....I set up a mailing address online...£45 for 3 months, another expense I know but for me it was better than splitting claims.

Roscodog18

• Haha 1

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

You lot are great!!! Lots of good advice thanks....

Andydug have done the calender thing so much so it's turning tartin with everything I've highlighted!!:lol: Good idea to do and been attatching the recorded delivery receipts to it too.

All I can do is keep reading up on all the great advice at the moment.....

13 days and counting...........

Good luck you lot

Skintscot xx

Hi roscodog

I had no idea i could set up a mailing address as i live in scotland but want to claim my full amount through the english court this will be perfect for me :) but how do i go about doing it :confused:

thank god for this site I would never have done it without you all:)

I have found 2 mail forwarding addresses companys that look not to bad the first one is London Virtual Office - Mail Forwarding - Telephone Answering - Meeting Rooms - London Presence. they re £20.00 per month and will forward on mail as and when it comes which is the one i think i will use it is cheaper if you have an code to put in when you registair but i dont have that if i find it i will put it on here. The second one is SecondAddress.com they are £25.00 per month but only send out on a weekly basis which i would think would be a friday. Hope this has been some help to others.

Hi,

this is the company I use.......£45 for 3 months.....I've had no problems

Britannia Crest

Strange thing is the Court have only sent 2 letters to the mailing address.......the vast majority are sent direct to hy home address.

Roscodog18

Dwight D. Eisenhower

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, keepin updated!!! 14 days are up today so been lookin at LBA. Just a quick one........em..........how do I know if I have a default notice on my account??? Do banks do this automatically to your account if you are claining back your charges. Dont want to add it into LBA as dont know what it is? or if I have one! Any help appriciated, wanna send letter ASAP. Thanks.

SKINTSCOT:p

you can get a free look at your credit record using this company.

Experian Credit Expert, check credit rating, credit reports & file alerts - with Experian CreditExpert.co.uk

You have to register a card but you can cancel any time and still get the free month. It was quite handy because I found out they had defaulted me through their charges.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.