Private parking notice in college grounds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all just browsed and saw an excellent forum here.

My question is, where do we stand on the following. My daughter borrowed my partners car and parked in a college car park, she attends the college next door, although she had dropped her brother off at this one. When she came back, an attendant was putting one of those notices on the car that said they would be getting details from the DVLA and issuing a £40 charge. The car is registered to my partner, so she isn't liable for the fine I presume, and I gather she doesn't have to give her daughters details, is this correct. Are we liable for court if we refuse to pay. The signs in the college car park siad you had to have a permit or have signed in at reception. She has been parking in there for the last year. Thanks for the advice in advance!

We don't think so. It was issued by UK Parking Control Ltd, Notification of Unauthorised Parking. 'The vehicle was parked in an unauthorised area in contravention of the control measures in place at the time, the registered keeper will recieve a charge certificate within 28 days'.

i suppose the point to ask here is just because she has parked there for the last year, is she supposed to park there?

if no then shes been lucky upto now.

however, if she is allowed to park there, then simply explain [and provide proof] to the issuer that she is a student, what car she drives is regardless.;)

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The controls have only been put in place in the last two weeks, its seems they are ticketing students at the college as well if they haven't got a permit. Students are the last people to have extra money to pay parking fines!

My reply would be as follows:

Your Ref: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter dated XXXX which requires me to pay the sum of £40.00.

Would you please advise on what basis you feel that I have entered into any contract with either your company or the landowner.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is little this company can do to get payment. If it was me I would not pay. They might hound you with letters which contain threats.

The only way they can enforce payment against you is if they issue a Count Court Summons and win in court. I dont really see that as a possibility.

Sounds good to me, Thanks for the advice, I did read on one of the the other threads something similar, I wasn't sure if it would apply, but I think you have just confirmed my thoughts. She won't be parking there again!

Hi all just browsed and saw an excellent forum here.

My question is, where do we stand on the following. My daughter borrowed my partners car and parked in a college car park, she attends the college next door, although she had dropped her brother off at this one. When she came back, an attendant was putting one of those notices on the car that said they would be getting details from the DVLA and issuing a £40 charge. The car is registered to my partner, so she isn't liable for the fine I presume, and I gather she doesn't have to give her daughters details, is this correct. Are we liable for court if we refuse to pay. The signs in the college car park siad you had to have a permit or have signed in at reception. She has been parking in there for the last year. Thanks for the advice in advance!

Have a read of my thread on private parking. nNy problems, email me.

• 1 year later...

A bit late for a helpful comment like that! It is still free parking, you just have to show a permit, and if the student fails to show a permit you get a ticket.

That was February 2007 and nothing further has happened. And no one paid a thing :D

A bit late for a helpful comment like that! It is still free parking, you just have to show a permit, and if the student fails to show a permit you get a ticket.

That was February 2007 and nothing further has happened. And no one paid a thing :D

Andy,

We got ourselves a troll. Please don't feed him. :-D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah theranger troll seen him in another thread, did you know that if you take the word ranger and change the first letter to Z and the fourth one to L you get another word that best describes trolls.

Edited by freakyleaky
Removed inappropriate lettering. Please keep it clean.