Peanuts v Studio Cards HELP!!

gardenut

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I know this is peanuts but it's the principal.

At Christmas I bought one or two things from Studio Cards. In December I owed £24 and put the statement on one side intending to pay it all off in one go as it was so small. (same old story)

Come February, arggggggggggh, I forgot about it, they had put two months 'admin' charges of £20 each month and now my £24 has been trippled in 2 months.

I wrote to Studio Cards telling than that I considered this unlawful and enclosed a cheque for the amount I acually owed and said I considered this to be final settlement of my account (as I am challenging a bank on another forum). Received a letter back today to say they still consider that I owe them £42 (including interest).

Am I right in refusing to pay this rediculous admin charge and should I threaten to take them to court or do I pay it and then claim it back?

Help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem so after seaking advice from another forum where somebody from there customer services was a member advised me to phone them and explain that i hadn't recieved an invoice to make a payment according to it they have a habit of forgetting to send them out and then adding admin charges.

I prompty made a call to them and was then told that my admin charges were wiped and that a new statement would be send out with a payment slip which was then sent out and my statement shows admin charges credited.

Peanuts to them maybe, but not to you. :-x

You certainly can claim these back. I did (for my wife) and so have others. Pop down to the Other Institutions section on the main page of the forum and look up these three threads; they should pretty much tell you what you need to know.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/61741-oldbear-studio.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/38867-chezt-studio-cards.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/58922-harrythehawk-studio-cards.html

Hope this helps,

OB :)

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

trouble with them taking you to court is that they will have already tarnished your credit file by that stage and cleaning it up is a pain in the ass (trust me on that ). Easiest way may just to pay and then claim the charges (plus interest) back.

That is unless you offered the payment as full and final payment? In which case if they cashed it you can also argue that angle.

RESULT!cheerleader.gif

Spoke to Studio Cards on the telephone told them I hadn't received the January statement and they cancelled that admin fee, so I only have to pay one admin fee of £22.

I still think it is ludicrous to charge that for sending out a piece of paper but, hey that's life.

fryingpan.gif Don't let them grind you down!

power to the people....

well done.

it's amazing where a bit of advice and knowledge get you.

you could probably argue the other admin charge, but if your happy with the outcome, then hey who are we to say otherwise.

WELL DONE GARDENUT. thats another victory for the C A G.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

RESULT!cheerleader.gif

Spoke to Studio Cards on the telephone told them I hadn't received the January statement and they cancelled that admin fee, so I only have to pay one admin fee of £22.

I still think it is ludicrous to charge that for sending out a piece of paper but, hey that's life.

fryingpan.gif Don't let them grind you down!

Well I would still claim back the other charge .... £22 + the service charge they add is better in your pocket than theirs ... it also makes the cost of stuff you bought at Xmas double!!

It's up to you if ur happy to pay £22+ for nothing but as I say .... I would claim the lot! Old bear posted a link to my thread above if u wanna see what happened to me :-)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Well I would still claim back the other charge .... £22 + the service charge they add is better in your pocket than theirs

Couldn't agree more.

Obviously, it is your call, but I'd call them back and tell them you want it all back. I very politely asked for over £360 and got it all.

OB

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007