Jackanory VS HSBC

Jackanory
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just sent my first letter off to David Lewis at Canada Sq with full details of charges totaling (with interest) about £2100.

The thing that gets me is I havn't had a bank charge in the last 2 years due to work going really well and paying off my debts, however 4 - 6 years ago (when I was between 18 & 20) I was earning crap money (about £600 - £700 per month and HSBC were charging me about £100 a month, basically they penalise the poorest in this society!:-x

I've got a couple of mates that work for HSBC and know for a fact what money grabbing paracites this organisation is run by, I'm going to try and reclaim every penny they owe me and I don't care how long it takes!

I'm doing this as a "dummy run" for a lot of mates that think these reclaims are "too good to be true".

Fingers crossed eh?

Just reading through on here and just thought I'd check to make sure I posted my letter to the rightpeople. It was sent to David Lewis, Head of HSBC Customer Relations. However, it seems everyone else is corresponding with Colin Langdale?

I really don't want to have to re-send my original letter due to endevouring to stick to a strict time-scale!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Colin Lagdale has offered me £1150, not the full amount as they do not have to pay the interest, is this correct? :| I know it's not just need a little encouragment ;)

Usual stuff, tempted to take the cash, altough I know I should accept this offer as a downpayment. If I do, do I get the money (£1150 as a downpayment) straight away, ie in seven days as it says on the letter? Or do I wait til court (mcol not filed yet) for them to pay me the full whack?

Cheers guys - superb site btw!

nope - you'll accept it as part settlement only!!!

unfortunately, the process goes on to going for the full amount and once you reject the first offer.... back to square one i'm afraid. tempting but if they're offering you anything at all.... surely it means that they're not that sure that they weren't wrong in the first place????

go for the lot jackanory;)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

send a rejection letter accepting their offer as part payment & informing them you will continue with your claim by going to court to get the rest.. look at the examples in the library section.

you wont get this part payment now - just continue with your claim & go for the lot and you'll get it as one payment in the end.