Mackenzie Hall aaah!

wot2do
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello There! Can anyone help? Just received a letter from Mackenzie Hall Ltd demanding a sum of just under £1000 on behalf of Creation Financial Services I dont know what this is about. As far as I am concrened I am up to date with my monthly payments. I have not had any request by phone or mail regarding any outstanding payments to any of my creditors. Should I not be contacted first before sending me this type of letter from debt collectors? I tried to ctc Mackenzie Hall this eve to no avail will try in the morning. what do i do?

DO NOT CALL Mackenzie Hall!!!!

Instead write to them stating the matter is in dispute. It is of no concern to them what the dispute is about. Tell them you will not discuss this matter with them until the dispute is resolved and any further communication - in writing or on the phone - will be ignored.

Then write to Creation and ask them what's going on. Demand to see all the paperwork relating to this debt. If they are playing silly beggars then two can play the same game. Make them work very hardfor their money. Insist on a statement of account, a copy of the signed, credit agreement and the deed of assignement which gives them the right to collect.

Don't ring them - i did and they frightened the life out of me (see Still shaking ... Mackenzie Hall - have a committed a criminal offence?).

I have literally been physically sick after getting off the phone to them this morning.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Send them this (AND REMEMBER DO NOT EVER CONTACT THEM BY PHONE OR GIVE THEM PHONE NUMBERS)

Mackenzie Hall

30 The Foregate

Kilmarnock,

Ayrshire,

KA1 1LU

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company, or any other company whom you claim to represent and confirm that no payments will be forthcoming until your full compliance with this request.

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Send them the pound as a Postal Order NOT a Cheque. After you post this by RECORDED DELIVERY they have 14 days to comply then the debt becomes unenforceable, if they then come up with the agreement they will have to goto court to enforce it and explain themselevs and risk a fine. And even then you may find it was statute barred anyway

Also send them this as well, they aint phoned you yet, but they might get hold of a number from somewhere, so pre-empt that by sending this.

Mackenzie Hall

30 The Foregate

Kilmarnock,

Ayrshire,

KA1 1LU

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to telephone calls that I may receive your company, which I will deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]